Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Ande1964

Practically Family
Well, I have to destroy something right now!!! I am so peeved at Ebay...

I was about to bid on that gray whippet that ONLY sold for $150 bucks just now. I hit the bid button in the waning seconds of the auction and instead of taking my bid it sent me to the godsdammned login screen!!!

Good reason to use esnipe, if that's how you want to bid. Pretty fool-proof.

Anj

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
I guess I better do that from now on, but after over 10 years of ebaying I've never, ever had this happen to me before.

I had it happen to me one time, where I had logged in the day before, and was still logged in when I sat down to bid. When I hit the "bid" button, it took me to the log on screen. I scrambled like a madman and got a bid in with a second to spare!

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Borsalino with Stetson Whippet liner

This one was listed as a "VINTAGE ROYAL STETSON WHIPPET HAT FEDORA BORSALINO EX++"

I sent a note to the seller (who did have a couple of nice ones for sale as well) asking about it but didn't get a response. I hope that whomever is shelling out the $150 for it realized they were getting a hybrid!

!CFNi9+!!mk~$(KGrHqYOKigE0nlO3f8hBNUY9p4ONw~~0_3.JPG

!CFNjGyQ!2k~$(KGrHqUOKpYE0V)GNPOSBNUY97cjc!~~0_3.JPG

!CFNi8BQ!2k~$(KGrHqQOKpUE0Usc4FkrBNUY9lwYhg~~0_3.JPG

Needs some work, in any case.

Cheers,
Tom

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
The happy Blues continues..

WOW!!! I did a full walk-through of the Stetson hat section on ebay yesterday and didn't see that one. Did it get posted with a BIN and you caught it right after posting? In any case, congratulations! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Cheers,
Tom

rlk

I'll Lock Up
WOW!!! I did a full walk-through of the Stetson hat section on ebay yesterday and didn't see that one. Did it get posted with a BIN and you caught it right after posting? In any case, congratulations! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Cheers,
Tom
Yes, at the top of the page when it opened.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Here is the Disney of New York Federo with box that I won last week. Prefect hat with orginal box.

web.jpg

web.jpg

Great blue gray color the head liner is perfect will take some more pictures soon.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo