Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Levallois

Practically Family
I won this dark gray Stetson 3X Beaver fedora with a mode edge. I was thinking 1940s. Is that about right? Why wouldn't it have a model name, like Royal or Imperial? Thanks!

John

Oh man, lefty beat me to it. And I hope that it's dark gray.

stetson3x2.jpg

stetson3x.jpg

I won this dark gray Stetson 3X Beaver fedora with a mode edge. I was thinking 1940s. Is that about right? Why wouldn't it have a model name, like Royal or Imperial? Thanks!

John

That's a beauty. 3X Beaver is the quality designation - earlyish fifties to my eye, but wiser folks will weigh in once you get it and share more pictures. Congratulations - a great ebay win!

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Oops. Yep, it says gray. I'm still thinking about my win. :eek:

The 3x is the quality designation (as would be Royal or Imperial). In general, you'll see far more Stetsons with only a quality designation and no model name, than you'll see specific models marked as such (Whippet, Strat, etc.). [Now Alan is ahead of me.]

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Flaw or feature? = front 4 inchs of sweatband busted stitching, but sweatband is attached firmly to hat all way around (common flaw of Borsalino, same on one of our Borsalino's)

Feature, I would say. Must be a reference to the corrugation at the forehead part of the sweat.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks like a Cuenca Llano Liso, folded over and sewn edge. THey doubled their money.

Really??? Here I was bemoaning that I lost by a buck! Thanks PB, I really dunno what I am looking at with many of these Panamas!

Could you opine about this one I got recently, please? Tell me what I might have? There is a 1" split in the crown, but I hope I have arrested its' progress.

newstraw1.jpg

newstraw2.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Been waiting a long time for this. Finally going to see what Vita-Felt is all about. :)

The added bonus is that it is from Woodward & Lothrop ("Woodies") in D.C. where I grew up. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart