Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Thanks MayserWegener

Wow those are some nice bowlers!

I've got to say you have, IMO, one of the finest collections of hats. I particularly like the Austrian ones. Its a shame my grandmother didn't keep any of my grandfathers hats, my grandparents live in Austria and he always wore a hat.

Thanks! I am sure your grandparents had some fine hats. I think the Austrians made some of the finest hats but the companies are just not well known on this board.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Then why bring it up?

I know it's allowed. But do we really want to post live auctions? ;)

Because it's a BIN, it's been up for a while, the asking price is high enough that I doubt anyone here is going to buy it (and if they were, it would have been bought already) and because I thought it might be of interest to some.

That one has been up since February or longer. I posted it here, in the HATS-WITH-HISTORY thread.

I obviously missed that thread when it came around.

Cheers,
Tom

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
A new ribbon, and this 7 1/4 Borso should look great on someone.
borsalino5.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Ha! I love that it's ideal for both televangelists and horses.

Shade: Light brown and dog saliva. :usa2::spit::flypig:

Last edited:

HatsEnough

Banned
Just picked up this Olive Colored Borso on The Bay for $76.

scaled.php

scaled.php

It has some gruffiness on the bottom, but I can clean that up, I think. I hope it is no worse than the images on The Bay show.

HatsEnough

Banned
Got an interesting Knox "superfine" quality lid in today. It is Whippetish and has a very neat ribbon. It is a gray ribbon with white dots. It gives the thing an odd almost purple look. It's an optical illusion, of course, but it seems purple when you glance at it.

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Unfortunately, it had more moth damage than the seller let on. But they are all in the back, and shallow, so could be worse.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
A new ribbon, and this 7 1/4 Borso should look great on someone.
][/QUOTE]

My thoughts too;)

[quote="Marc Chevalier, post: 1280857"]A vintage 1930s (or maybe '40s) cotton twill newsboy cap in practically new condition. Size 7 3/8. Did any Fedora Loungers bid on this?

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Mens-White-Linen-Newsboy-Hat-Cap-/190561873160?_trksid=p3286.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D10%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D1944489283297324598[/url][/QUOTE]

The same seller's cap was nice also.

Last edited:

SteveAS

Practically Family
I was watching both hats, HE, and was the underbidder on the Borsalino. They both look nice; I particularly like the colors on the Borsalino. Congratulations!

scooter

Practically Family
Hey HE, that's a nice hat. It was me you beat out with your $76 bid. I thought $75 was enough, but you proved me wrong. As for the hat being a size 7, I'm not so sure. I went back and reread his ad, and it is confusing to say the least. First he had one measurement, then another, then yet another. If it is in fact a 7, it would have been far too small for me anyway, so wear it in good health. If it proves to be too big for you, let me know, I'd still be interested in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21