Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

DJH

I'll Lock Up
As you say, "about"

There seemed to be some contradictory measurements from the seller as to the dimensions.

Hope fits the buyers head nicely.

HatsEnough

Banned
Here is one that went for a bit more than others its size. A 7-1/8 Whippet at almost $250!

Whippets in that size have not often gotten past $200 lately.

Looks like stars in the liner logo, but I think I see maple leaf in the sweatband stamp (a little hard to tell). That likely makes it after the mid 40s. And with the larger brim that makes it before the late 50s, anyway.

This one is a bit out of the ordinary, though. It has a wind trolley string. Not many Whippets had those because they were the lower end hat, price-wise.

frussell

One Too Many
I'm not great at posting links, but I hope none of you fellow large-heads are bidding on the "rare, signed Stetson" homburg listed as a size 7 7/8 fedora. It's a 6 7/8. I had the seller post a photo of the "7/8" label, and she sent me interior measurements. I was really looking forward to blowing some dough on this one, as big boy homburgs are not easy to find. Good Luck, Frank.

suitedcboy

One Too Many
Here is one that went for a bit more than others its size. A 7-1/8 Whippet at almost $250!

Whippets in that size have not often gotten past $200 lately

Looks like stars in the liner logo, but I think I see maple leaf in the sweatband stamp (a little hard to tell). That likely makes it after the mid 40s. And with the larger brim that makes it before the late 50s, anyway.

This one is a bit out of the ordinary, though. It has a wind trolley string. Not many Whippets had those because they were the lower end hat, price-wise.

I am suspicious about this one. Why cut off the "Whippet" that would have been in the liner in the photo?
The ribbon looks narrow to me too.
Me thinks the seller took a Whippet-esque RS and sold it as a Whippet.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
great Stetson, 7 1/2 for a good price
grystetsonhat.jpg

nice blue Penny's 7 1/4, no sale
bluemarathonfedora06.jpg

HatsEnough

Banned
I am suspicious about this one. Why cut off the "Whippet" that would have been in the liner in the photo?
The ribbon looks narrow to me too.
Me thinks the seller took a Whippet-esque RS and sold it as a Whippet.

Boy, I hope whomever paid such a high price for that Whippet doesn't find out you are right!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
late 20s-early 30s Mallory derby?

This is my new awesome hat that just arrived from Ebay!

imgp2225d.jpg

imgp2227y.jpg

imgp2228.jpg

imgp2229.jpg

I'm guessing it's late 20s to early 30s, based on a very similar one I have from 1934, only this one's sweatband is more secure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany