Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Ha! Boy do I love those old "Hornbergs!" I can't believe they're only asking $99. It must have taken hours for them to get that stunning worn-in look. ;) Plus it's a size "M", "71/4 (large)." Boy it would fit perfectly on a lot of heads.

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I won a couple hats on the bay yesterday from the same seller.

1930's Marathon Homburg

This one appears to have a basting stitch on the ribbon and another example of the really interesting sweatband just like Robert posted recently. I would assume this hat was made by Lee? I hope it cleans up nice.

1930sMarathonHomburg1.jpg

1930sMarathonHomburg2.jpg

1950's Resistol with cool felt ribbon work

I just had to see this one in person. I HIGHLY doubt its a size 8 7/8 like the seller said, its probably a 6 7/8. Possibly a small 7. This really isn't my style, so I might post it up in the classifieds after I receive it. I'm not sure yet. The ribbon work is awesome!

1950sResistolfeltribbon2.jpg

1950sResistolfeltribbon1.jpg

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey Joshbru3,
This is the reply I got from the seller when I requested more detailed sizing info 4 days ago.

Dear xxxxxx,

Thank you for your interest. Front to back inside is 7 3/4 inches and side to side is 6 1/2 inches. Thanks again

- cubid4fun

Thanks,
Sam

I won a couple hats on the bay yesterday from the same seller.

1950's Resistol with cool felt ribbon work

I just had to see this one in person. I HIGHLY doubt its a size 8 7/8 like the seller said, its probably a 6 7/8. Possibly a small 7. This really isn't my style, so I might post it up in the classifieds after I receive it. I'm not sure yet. The ribbon work is awesome!

1950sResistolfeltribbon2.jpg

1950sResistolfeltribbon1.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Interesting finds, Josh. That Marathon sounds tiny at 20 inches around. Looking forward to better shots of that singular sweat.

I tell ya Randall, I never trust sellers measurements. I will bet its a size 6 7/8 or 7. Either way, I really bought it for an example piece.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Hey Joshbru3,
This is the reply I got from the seller when I requested more detailed sizing info 4 days ago.

Dear xxxxxx,

Thank you for your interest. Front to back inside is 7 3/4 inches and side to side is 6 1/2 inches. Thanks again

- cubid4fun

Thanks,
Sam

I wonder if there is a hat calculator to find out what those measurements equate to.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Thanks!!!! Awesome, I'm a size 7, so maybe if I actually do like the hat, it will fit. Thanks for the website also!!

Case in point, not trusting the seller's numbers! Those front/back side/side figures depend on where you measure, too. The tape measure can start and stop on either side of the sweatband's stitches, or into the hat a bit more, where one's head actually would be. The difference can be substantial.

That aside, my fingers are crossed for you. :)

MikePotts

Practically Family
Lamson Hubbard Ebay purchase.

Here's one I purchased on Ebay about 10 days ago:

P1010083.jpg

P1010084.jpg

P1010085.jpg

I was concerned that my purchase had been too hasty but my buyer's remorse dissipated upon opening the box and feeling that soft, fine felt.

After a quick naptha bath and brush-up:

P1010086.jpg

Some steam and a tweak:

P1010089.jpg

P1010088.jpg

..........and a head shot or two:

P1010090.jpg

P1010091.jpg

This hat is super light (99grams), marked 7 1/4 but fits bigger and may even deserve a new dark maroon ribbon at some point.

Thanks for looking,

MP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24