Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

SteveAS

Practically Family
I just did a BIN on an old project Stetson. It looks a lot like HPG's old Playboy (except for the ribbon width), so it might be from the late 1930s or early 1940s. I'll clean and steam it myself; now, where to get a new sweatband . . .

$(KGrHqR,!pwE9eGeBW0ZBPfKybdyJg~~60_58.JPG

$(KGrHqV,!o0E9c7yTkegBPfKywUk!g~~60_58.JPG

TipTop

Practically Family
and it's here!!!!!!!!!! My early 40's Stratoliner Medalist arrived today in perfect condition and it fits perfect. It is just as described and at a 7 1/2 it's a perfect slightly loose fit (23.5 inches-60). I can't tell you guys and girls how excited I am to have this great piece of Hat History! I recently purchased a couple of the original hat pins on Ebay so it only took me a few minutes to make it official!

Stratoliner3.jpg

Congrats Terry, well-fought battle. Question (out of ignorance) is that crown a bit lower than usual or is it just this model? I ask that because I just got a rehabbed Churchill back from Ritch Rand and to me, the crown looks lower than I expected, and most important, I feel it makes my head/neck look shorter. On the other hand, maybe I'm just accustomed to tall western styles.

This does NOT look out of proportion on you, but I'm just suddenly self-conscious of crown height and just wondered if that was a standard height for a Strat? Thx and enjoy.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I just did a BIN on an old project Stetson. It looks a lot like HPG's old Playboy (except for the ribbon width), so it might be from the late 1930s or early 1940s. I'll clean and steam it myself; now, where to get a new sweatband . . .

$(KGrHqR,!pwE9eGeBW0ZBPfKybdyJg~~60_58.JPG

$(KGrHqV,!o0E9c7yTkegBPfKywUk!g~~60_58.JPG

Great pick-up Steve. I had debated with myself for days about buying that one. I have so many projects laying around the house, I decided to lay off of it. I'm excited to see how it comes out for you!

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family

I was watching this hat very closely but with my early 40's Statoliner Ebay purchase I couldn't go for both. A Borso is in my future but I've been waiting for a great Strat in my size for too long! You got a great hat and a good deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt