Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

cookie

I'll Lock Up
What in the world did I just do? I wonder if I've cut my hair short enough to avoid stretching this strange beast! The measurements are sketchy, or else the size is wrong. If it's actually a 20.5 inch circumference, you may see it pop up again, but I just had to take the risk for a closer look.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/40029316043...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_902wt_1138

What the heck is Formosan straw, anyway? :)

That was a good buy. That hat has a similar weave to one Borsalino was doing a couple of seasons ago and it was called a Baku straw from memory.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Honest to goodness I worry about the market on hats these days. It is almost to the point now where a guy that loves hats can`t get a quality vintage at a reasonable price. I would love to own a whippet but with prices like this I had to get a custom copy made. Maybe I am just cheap but for this or any such hat to sell for that price makes me cause of concern in the market.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
WHAT THE HECK HAS HAPPENED TO eBay's HATS listings???

No more categories?

I now must wade through a quarter million hats to find those I like?

This is dumb, dumb, dumb.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
They've just moved it slightly lower and made it a menu so that you can tick multiple options. Makes it easier to search.

jbucklin

Practically Family
I have never had the patience anyway to find a vintage hat in 7 3/8 anyway. Whenever I finally do it costs $800! Maybe your post will be the final straw that will keep me from looking there from now on and just keep getting VS, Akubra, and new Borsos.

newturnofphrase

One of the Regulars
Stetson 100 goes for $425. Stetson100

Grey Knox brings in $565. Knox

Ahhahahahaha. Looks like two big spenders both over-bid-sniped each other. I think the logic goes "I'll snipe with something astronomical so i'll win no matter what, without worrying about missing it by a few dollars. Who cares about the 1 in 1000 risk that someone will bid-snipe high as well and drive up my bid." Derp = overpaying by $300 or so. They'll never make that money back in resale, but they probably learned a lesson.

Grizzly Adams

A-List Customer
Ahhahahahaha. Looks like two big spenders both over-bid-sniped each other. I think the logic goes "I'll snipe with something astronomical so i'll win no matter what, without worrying about missing it by a few dollars. Who cares about the 1 in 1000 risk that someone will bid-snipe high as well and drive up my bid." Derp = overpaying by $300 or so. They'll never make that money back in resale, but they probably learned a lesson.

+1 All education costs something!:rolleyes: In this case, a lot!:eeek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn