Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Yet another Stetson with 'the Fray' sweatband

They are coming out of the woodwork now, but still very old and rare. This one is dark blue. Seller's mention of 'Boss Edge' concerns me since it has an overwelt:

dark blue Stetson with 'the Fray' sweatband

!Bt-OZggBGk~$(KGrHqIH-CIEvqKBurmhBL-WtS2ktw~~_12.JPG

!Bt-OfH!!2k~$(KGrHqEH-C0EvqNyyBClBL-Wtgo8Gw~~_12.JPG

!Bt-OuJgB2k~$(KGrHqMH-EUEvqb4S+8+BL-WuFkMIg~~_12.JPG

kps

New in Town
Here's a brief intermission from the other end of the price scale. Just out of quarantine:

stratton.jpg

The bad: will need a new lining (it has none) and ribbon (discoloured in spots).

The good: supple felt with no moth bites, 5½" crown with hardly any taper, 2½" overwelted brim with nice snap, intact sweatband. Size 7⅜ fits like a hat-shaped glove.

The price: ten of your Earth dollars.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
kps said:
Here's a brief intermission from the other end of the price scale. Just out of quarantine:

stratton.jpg

The bad: will need a new lining (it has none) and ribbon (discoloured in spots).

The good: supple felt with no moth bites, 5½" crown with hardly any taper, 2½" overwelted brim with nice snap, intact sweatband. Size 7⅜ fits like a hat-shaped glove.

That's a really enviable color brown.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
WHOA!

kps said:

stratton.jpg

Hotel Tango Foxtrot did I miss that beaut? A civvie Stratton is rather rare & at that coin... well done!. :eusa_clap
Lemmee know if'n it fails to meet your expectations. I'll give ya' 2x what you paid! lol

kps

New in Town
danofarlington said:
That's a really enviable color brown.
I was pleased. My picture here is pretty much how it looks in person. The auction pictures were much lighter; good for showing detail, certainly, but not as appealing to wear.

Rick Blaine said:
Hotel Tango Foxtrot did I miss that beaut? A civvie Stratton is rather rare & at that coin... well done!
I think a combination of things led to me being the only bidder: the auction was in the new hat category, not under 'Vintage'; the auction title did not include the word 'fedora'; the hat is rather dusty in the auction pictures; and the seller had a relatively low feedback rating.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
ScottF said:
I picked up this Borso as a birthday present to myself. I've always wanted to see a roll-up close-up:

!Btq7W9QBWk~$(KGrHqUH-EMEvc+P5H+LBL89bnqzww~~_12.JPG

roll-up Borso

This one just arrived. Obviously never-worn - not even any dust on it. Bashed out fine by hand. Green-grey with an emerald ribbon:

BorsRollTopmed.jpg

BorsRollFrontmed.jpg

BorsoRollSidemed.jpg

m000m000

One of the Regulars
Lefty said:
Wow, that one is a real killer, wish I'd seen it :(.

In other news, I picked up this Knox "Sixteen-Fifty" some time ago (currently on its way to Optimo for a resize), and I was wondering about its potential age - The seller says 40ies and I guess it'd be somewhere thereabouts, but thought I'd ask. I'd gather the "sixteen-fifty" is essentially an inflation-eaten fifteen, unfortunately that doesn't help me much as my knowledge US economy in the early 20th century isn't quite up to par and not much beyond "there was a great depression" :p.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
m000m000 said:
Wow, that one is a real killer, wish I'd seen it :(.

In other news, I picked up this Knox "Sixteen-Fifty" some time ago (currently on its way to Optimo for a resize), and I was wondering about its potential age - The seller says 40ies and I guess it'd be somewhere thereabouts, but thought I'd ask. I'd gather the "sixteen-fifty" is essentially an inflation-eaten fifteen, unfortunately that doesn't help me much as my knowledge US economy in the early 20th century isn't quite up to par and not much beyond "there was a great depression" :p.

It is, indeed, a '40s Knox, based on the style of reorder tag. Nice win!

Brad

Ande1964

Practically Family
Mine!

Lefty said:

That would be me. I hope it's as nice as it looks. My favorite hats are vintage Borsalinos, and great ones don't show up in my size very often. That price was tough to pay, but I found a way to rationalize it! I offered less, and the seller came back with this counter offer. He threw in the shipping, as well.

The good news for the other big heads: some of my current lids will be up for sale to pay for this baby!

Anj

!BubQ7,!Bmk~$(KGrHqZ,!h!Ev1+0EGZ-BM!Tr9HWuQ~~_3.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran