Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
OOOOO! A conspirancy believer :) I've got some smoke from Mt. St. Helens I'll sell you :)

onward thru the Fog:)

~The point being; if Hatco would not be so timid. If they mean to reissue The Whippet® DO reissue The Whippet® , if they mean to resurrect The Stratoliner®, DO resurrect The Stratoliner® but not in some weak-tea, weak-kneed approximation of the former design!

danofarlington

~The point being; if Hatco would not be so timid. If they mean to reissue The Whippet® DO reissue The Whippet® , if they mean to resurrect The Stratoliner®, DO resurrect The Stratoliner® but not in some weak-tea, weak-kneed approximation of the former design!

I wish they would re-issue the vintage Stetson 25 or Stetson 100, or the 7x Clear Beaver in OR or other interesting types. I suppose there is some reason they don't do that, probably the market being too small. The throwback crowd, which includes many of us, may just not be large enough for them to do it. But I wish they would.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Tulipomania.jpg

A tulip, known as "the Viceroy", displayed in a 1637 Dutch catalog. Its bulb cost between 3000 and 4200 florins depending on size. A skilled craftsman at the time earned about 300 florins a year.

Tulipomania-Whippet.jpg

:censored:!

Brilliant! Utterly brilliant! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap lol

Rick Blaine

I wish they would re-issue the vintage Stetson 25 or Stetson 100, or the 7x Clear Beaver in OR or other interesting types. I suppose there is some reason they don't do that, probably the market being too small. The throwback crowd, which includes many of us, may just not be large enough for them to do it. But I wish they would.

:arated:

... If they offered one like the picture, I would jump on it, because the price is definitely right. However, it is only offered in grey, silver belly, black, and dark brown, not offered in a color that matches the picture shown! They definitely need to add a sand, and a light olive color. I suspect it is not quite up to the standard of matching the old Stratoliner; even a low-end Royal stetson was much better felt than their stock fur felts today, but if you are in the market for a new fur felt today, maybe this is worth looking into.

Quite right, and I do not relish the idea of a "composite" leather sweat made from some unholy mix of leather dust & benzine/formaldehyde based adhesives pressed together or to the prospect of a mix of water & dye dust running into my collar at the first rain shower that I happen to be caught in.

I ache to be proved wrong, but Hatco has not inspired alot of good faith, neigh on these last ... several decades.

They seem to be able to make Westerns in a vast variety, but for us? Not so much. Economy of scale must come into it at some point, e.g.- I can't understand why I can get several western straws w/ a diamond, multi-hole vent on each side. In dress straws? Nothing close. Why?
I mean, really...[huh]

ph33nyx

New in Town
Won this one the other day and it just came in today. It seems to fit more like a 7 1/4, so I might need to stretch it out a little.

Alex

Practically Family
This one came in the mail only three days after I ordered it. Seller claimed it was vintage late 50s early 60s.
%2521CCp8yu%2521EGk%257E%2524%2528KGrHqN%252C%2521iME0HTqkL%2529ZBNL1kljyDg%257E%257E0_3.JPG

%2521CCp9Pu%2521BGk%257E%2524%2528KGrHqF%252C%2521hEE0gn%2521FWP9BNL1lmsQW%2521%257E%257E0_3.JPG

%2521CCp9UrgBWk%257E%2524%2528KGrHqR%252C%2521iYE0GefOoEuBNL1l%2529w3gQ%257E%257E0_3.JPG

0121012215.jpg

Anyway, what do you guys think about this one?
The flip side of the size has the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union which I believe puts it somewhere between 1976 and 1995..

Last edited:

rlk

I'll Lock Up
This one came in the mail only three days after I ordered it. Seller claimed it was vintage late 50s early 60s.

The flip side of the size has the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union which I believe puts it somewhere between 1976 and 1995..
1981 is when the United Hatters... merged with ACTWU so that's the earliest possible.

Alex

Practically Family
1981 is when the United Hatters... merged with ACTWU so that's the earliest possible.
Oh alright, thanks for the insight rlk. Yeah can't always trust the sellers on the bay, but I fully realized that beforehand. I'm still happy with this purchase (it was my first one).

Thanks for the feedback also guys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24