Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
nice Standard Quality bowler
459971185_tp.jpg
459971198_tp.jpg

459971228_tp.jpg
459971154_tp.jpg

flyfishark

Practically Family
I know, I had it for sale. I know shoes, but I seem to be woefully ignorant when it comes to homburgs--and not much brighter with derbys or fedoras, either. Thanks for the compliment.

I know, I had it for sale. I know shoes, but I seem to be woefully ignorant when it comes to homburgs--and not much brighter with derbys or fedoras, either. Thanks for the compliment.

A beauty from Buffalo... I was tempted to buy it and tug on it a bit, but I think it would be a tough stretch to 22 1/8. Gorgeous old homburg in beautiful shape.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up

Your auction was great, as the category was right, the photos showed everything one needs to see, and the description was fine. It's just a small hat in a less popular style. Good luck with a re-listing.

flyfishark

Practically Family
Thanks so much...as soon as my son shows me how to put photos on this site, I'll go to the classifieds and offer them discounted. Your encouragement is truly appreciated, and Alan's too.

fmw

One Too Many
I thought the price was beyond sensible. I would much rather have a brand new custom for that kind of money.

billyspew

One Too Many
I thought the price was beyond sensible. I would much rather have a brand new custom for that kind of money.

Certainly beyond my limit and I'm normally the one paying top dollar for vintage Adams. I wouldn't say beyond sensible, there were obviously a few of us that thought that price was about right. It is certainly a rare hat, being made by Long's Hats for Adam and in a rare colour. Most likely 40's era and in great condition too.

fmw

One Too Many
I understand, Billy. It gets down to the difference between collecting and wearing. I'm not a hat collector but rather a hat amasser. I buy them because I like them and like to wear them. I'm happier wearing a new, pristine custom hat than I am spending the equivalent sum on an old, used collector item. It is just a different orientation. For me it is beyond sensible. For someone that wants that particular hat, it is a different story. I have no problem with collecting. I just don't do it.

billyspew

One Too Many
I understand, Billy. It gets down to the difference between collecting and wearing. I'm not a hat collector but rather a hat amasser. I buy them because I like them and like to wear them. I'm happier wearing a new, pristine custom hat than I am spending the equivalent sum on an old, used collector item. It is just a different orientation. For me it is beyond sensible. For someone that wants that particular hat, it is a different story. I have no problem with collecting. I just don't do it.

Completely understand... that is how I started. Still have to go through the whole cleaning/de-lousing when I get a vintage hat, and yes I certainly am a collector as well as a wearer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran