Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

monbla256

Call Me a Cab

pjt113

One of the Regulars
A couple of weeks ago I posted that I bought a Borsalino on Ebay and only one other person bid on the hat. The listing was in Italian and had terrible pix, I thought I either bought a hat that was going to be a train wreck or I stumbled into a deal because the seller didn't realize what they had. So for the price I decided to gamble and buy the hat.

I'm happy to say the hat is AWESOME. It's in fantastic shape, a beautiful green with a pleated ribbon, the quality is extra extra superior, and if I'm interpreting the tag information correctly this hat is from the late 40's to early 50's, this part I'm not sure about as from what I've read on the Lounge, Borsalino wasn't consistent with their label information. The hat is too small for me, about a 6 1/2, and I can't have it stretched to fit my 7 3/4 melon without ruining it. I took it to a hatter who said it was a European model of Borsalino. I have decided to list it later this week in the classifieds, I'll let someone who can wear it enjoy the hat.

Here's a couple of pix:

borso1.jpg

borso5.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
The hat is too small for me, about a 6 1/2, and I can't have it stretched to fit my 7 3/4 melon without ruining it. I took it to a hatter who said it was a European model of Borsalino. I have decided to list it later this week in the classifieds, I'll let someone who can wear it enjoy the hat.

PM sent. I think we might be able to help each other out.

HatsEnough

Banned
Who got the Dobb's Hankerchief Weight lid? Under $50, anyway.

I bid on it myself but wasn't too serious. Firstly it has a few moth spots eaten thru the crown and it is a small size. But the Dobb's Hankerchief weight hat is not a super common one, for sure. And the colors were interesting.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I snagged the hankachif to examine the felt. Will likely be selling it here on the classifieds. Same goes for the midnight navy Portis super-lux that was up recently.

fmw

One Too Many
You never know badly two people want something and will bid it beyond its normal value. To me it is beyond what any hat is worth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner