Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Iyor

One of the Regulars
I got the borso. It was more than I wanted to spend but it was a hat I was looking for, a feather rollable. His ck got a really nice price and the champ was also georgeous. Probably the best collection I've seen from one seller in a while.

Last edited:

rlk

I'll Lock Up
I got the borso. It was more than I wanted to spend but it was a hat I was looking for, a feather rollable. His ck got a really nice price and the champ was also georgeous. Probably the best collection I've seen from one seller in a while.
Beautiful light Borsalino, but NOT a pocket hat. Can be rolled(like any soft hat) but has the heavier leather sweatband with front accordion ventilation strip and the thin felt. It will crease the sweat and the felt if you do from the fold in half that begins the roll-up. Pocket hats generally have fabric or ultra-thin leather sweatbands and a pressed in shape.

Iyor

One of the Regulars
Beautiful light Borsalino, but NOT a pocket hat. Can be rolled(like any soft hat) but has the heavier leather sweatband with front accordion ventilation strip and the thin felt. It will crease the sweat and the felt if you do from the fold in half that begins the roll-up. Pocket hats generally have fabric or ultra-thin leather sweatbands and a pressed in shape.
Is thin felt not used for a pocket hat?
The seller had a picture rolled up so hopefully he didn't do anything to it. Regardless its not a hat I would roll for a long period of time and I' ll see when it arrives hopefully I can fold it like for the duration of a flight.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Wait a minute... I just saw an ebay auction sporting this image...

$(KGrHqYOKjoE3uFdB,o-BOCLo9hPww~~_12.JPG

Isn't this a Lounger? But I don't think the ad is being run by a lounger. Plus the auction is confusing. It also shows a photo of a pith helmet, but the auction is not for a pith helmut.

Weird.

This has happened before, yes? Rusty-- I hope you're getting residuals from the seller using your likeness to market their products!

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
I love how those "whippet-like" C&K hats sold for so much yet this one sold for peanuts. Sure the 'gay prince' style isn't as popular but $56 for a 'Twenty' isn't bad. The pictures are pretty bad by the way, the hat is pretty darn nice.

And I hope that anyone here who won any of those hats will post pics.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Is anyone going to own up to beating me out of the Resistol 'Krushable Kitten' ?. Be sure to let me know if you hate it ;)

MP
Mike, do you mean this one from early October? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300606452068

Don't let my friend Miss Linda hear you say "krushable" and "kitten" in the same sentence. I had a hard enough time convincing her that no real live kittens were harmed in the making of this hat.

I'm liking it, though still getting used to a smaller brim than my norm (I usually go 2 3/8 to 2 5/8).

Last edited:

HatsEnough

Banned
Got another Stetson Bantam.

A real pleasing light gray. Never had a liner for the imprint in the top of the hat. Brim is 2-5/8. Is it a late forties or a fifties piece? Anyone?

stetsonbantamgray01.jpg

scaled.php

scaled.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana