Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
WOW, a 1920s or 30s Stetson Airlite goes for well over $300!!

I notice that you often refer to something you call an Airlite. I have several Stetsons marked Air Light (one below), but I have never seen one marked Airlite. If you have one marked that way, I'd like to see it. The Stetson you link to above is neither.

64d0fa6a.jpg

HatsEnough

Banned
Oh. I thought you were merely saying "What does the brim measure", as opposed to "What is the brim's width."

I've said both (without adding the "is it over 2 inches") and often got a non-informative reply. Even the word "width" has often confused these sellers, sadly. Once I started adding the "is it over 2 inches" I've had fewer confused replies.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
I've said both (without adding the "is it over 2 inches") and often got a non-informative reply. Even the word "width" has often confused these sellers, sadly. Once I started adding the "is it over 2 inches" I've had fewer confused replies.

Same has happened to me. I ask "is the brim width at least 2 1/2 inches wide"? They usually get it after that.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
The Fabroc is too big for me, or I'd have been bidding on it. It is indeed a Fab hat and a nice price for the buyer.

Would have sold for way more if the label had said Whippet or Borsalino - lesser known brands are a great way to find great hats at good prices.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Mike, I was wishing the thin ribbon one was my size, that is a beauty.
I think you'll be very happy with both of them.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
looks like they'll have a lot of potential, Rodkins!

I've been bidding on hats with too many "unknowns" lately as well. I've also asked sellers for additional photos and have regularly been getting responses like "sorry, I can't" or "Ebay won't let me" which makes no sense, or else flat out ignoring the question. Also, in this day and age, how can anyone posting digital photos of any size still seem to get away with using photos that are so inexcusably blurry?

I won an auction last night for a "ladies wool felt hat" and though I suppose there's a possibility of this being true, I have a hard time believing it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/270840731476?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648

Of course, my wife already thinks all my hats are "ladies' hats" so pray that she doesn't see this listing...

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
The Fabroc is too big for me, or I'd have been bidding on it. It is indeed a Fab hat and a nice price for the buyer.

Would have sold for way more if the label had said Whippet or Borsalino - lesser known brands are a great way to find great hats at good prices.

HAHAHA! I seriously thought about adding 'Whippet'-style, but I cringe when others do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo