Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Mystic

Practically Family
Not roughed up felt but reed cover of fabric, the hat has simply been given a pinch in the butt instead of the front. Rear seam and size tag are visible at rear inside, and brim binding seam also is visible at rear(pinched side).

Maybe the hat image was reversed when set up on the website....I can reverse it on my computer and it puts the bow on the correct side.

Actually, I think this hat has a serious drinking problem lol lol

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Anyone else see this?

Anyone else see this?
vintageChristysPanamaoptimo.jpg

...looks sweet but a plastic sweat?...I dunno. [huh] I do like the bound brim, you don't see that much, eh?
Any guess regarding its' vintage? Christys' offers nothing like it now. But A. Baker & Sons, Nassau, The Bahamas still is still a going concern.
And a plastic sweatband (?without elastic?) would not argue a great age, but the patina looks genuine, as though it has some real years on it.

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nice hat, Rudie, I think you'll like it. I had put in a half hearted bid myself as I'd like to check out a nutria Borsalino.

I'd have given you more competition if it was grey rather than brown. =)

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I just hope it fits. The seller wasn't able to provide accurate circumference measurements. Judging from the diameter measurements he gave me it might be a tad large, but I'm not sure. Hope I can make it work for me.

If it fits I think my search for the perfect hat is over. :)

Last edited:

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Great job. I looked at it and she just could not give a decent answer as to its size. and the pics were awful. I am looking forward to seeing what you got. Any way well done.

Jeff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo