Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Picked up this size 58cm Dermotta Wien Homburg. I only have one other Dermotta Wien (also a Homburg but gray) and it is very high quality. Very similar feel and finishing to Borsalino. A bit dusty and poor auction photos but looks to be in very good condition.

7452759498_e1312c6f04_o.jpg

7452759574_7fc5bfd36a_o.jpg

7452759534_5cc3762abf_o.jpg

Last edited:

Doomstein

One of the Regulars
Ah, another Ebay betrayal! The taupe (grayish-brown) felt Beaver Brand C-Crown fedora I bought is about 2 sizes smaller than the 7 3/8 advertised! Almost makes me want to cry. The felt is beautiful and soft, the color is even with no blotching. The 1" band is a really nice ribbon. The brim is snappy with no waves or creases at all. The liner is a little worse for wear, no stains, but there is a small tear in the clear plastic liner protector on the crown (So plastic means a modern fedora, post 50's maybe). The Sweatband is synthetic with no markings.

*Sob* I really liked this hat :(

IMG-20120628-00887.jpg

IMG-20120628-00888.jpg

IMG-20120628-00889.jpg

IMG-20120628-00890.jpg

IMG-20120628-00892.jpg

Mystic

Practically Family
I made a deal Tuesday to buy a Mallory that was up for bid a couple of weeks ago on ebay. I was the high bidder but the reserve wasn't met so I didn't get it.
I think it's going to be a really nice hat. :whoo:

It will probably be my last hat purchase for a while. :(

(Deleted, nothing to do with HATS)

Thinking about it makes me realise what a benefit it is that the internet can connect you anywhere in the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mystic

Practically Family
I made a deal Tuesday to buy a Mallory that was up for bid a couple of weeks ago on ebay. I was the high bidder but the reserve wasn't met so I didn't get it.
I think it's going to be a really nice hat. :whoo:

It will probably be my last hat purchase for a while. :(

(Deleted, nothing to do with HATS)

Thinking about it makes me realise what a benefit it is that the internet can connect you anywhere in the world.

Sorry for posting a comment with a sentence that did not include the word or words; hat or hats.

I didn't realise that any sentence within a comment that didn't inclued the words, hat or hats in some form or another would be deleted.

I will write hat or hats in every sentence I post in comments.

TPD166

One Too Many
Resistol Disappointment

I thought I got a great deal on a vintage Resistol San Antonio - unfortunately the seller did not mention the moth damage. I have sent them a message and I am waiting to see if they are standing by their "no return" policy. I suppose I have been very fortunate to have only gotten the occasional mismeasured size in the past.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261045720981?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Grizzly Adams

A-List Customer
I thought I got a great deal on a vintage Resistol San Antonio - unfortunately the seller did not mention the moth damage. I have sent them a message and I am waiting to see if they are standing by their "no return" policy. I suppose I have been very fortunate to have only gotten the occasional mismeasured size in the past.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261045720981?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

On the bright side, you now have an $8 beater you can wear fishin and lawn mowing!

What is "Great LOVED condition?"

Mystic

Practically Family
The reason it was deleted is that the comment was political in nature, which is off limits on the Lounge.

Brad

Political ?? Someone (with a hat) needs to explain to me what was "political" about a brief statement of my plans.......

A simple (hat) PM would have been appreciated if someone had a question or concern about one sentence in my comment......

Sounds as if someone (with a hat) is jumping to conclusions and reading things into comments that were not said.....

Last edited:

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Whether or not your comment was about the Supreme Court decision yesterday is irrelevant. It came across that way, and if bartenders jump to that conclusion, so would have other members, and that would have devolved into political bickering because we have so many members with differing political ideologies. Hence, editing was necessary; we do it all the time to help keep the peace around here.

Brad

TPD166

One Too Many
Well, it was certainly loved by the moths. I heard back from the seller who told me she had sold many hats in that condition without complaint, that she was unaware of the damage, and the pictures showed the condition. She told me she would take it back & refund $8, but I would have to eat the postage both ways. I'll guess I can chalk it up to experience.

On the bright side, you now have an $8 beater you can wear fishin and lawn mowing!

What is "Great LOVED condition?"

Last edited:

Doomstein

One of the Regulars

I've learned that "Loved" condition on Ebay means thrown in a footlocker with no mothballs and a leaky can of oil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy