Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
I had to take a knee from laughter when I clicked this link ...

it is taking everything in my power not to message this guy to tell him that his price is far too low and should be closer to $4,000.000
You know Antony, you should check your ebay settings, it should have the currency set up for Mexican pesos, so it should be around 170 US or so

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Jim Flynn

Familiar Face
Despite being pretty expensive at £285 I still think of this as something of a win on ebay. A Steve Delk pure beaver handmade. The hat I really wanted when I put in the order for an Akubra a couple of years ago. Annoying thing is that I never expected to ever get one of these so bought a Penman Everyman which arrived only a couple of weeks ago! Now I have three Indy style brown fedoras from three distinct parts of the market I can definitely feel the difference in quality. Beaver wins hands down I think.

RJR

Despite being pretty expensive at £285 I still think of this as something of a win on ebay. A Steve Delk pure beaver handmade. The hat I really wanted when I put in the order for an Akubra a couple of years ago. Annoying thing is that I never expected to ever get one of these so bought a Penman Everyman which arrived only a couple of weeks ago! Now I have three Indy style brown fedoras from three distinct parts of the market I can definitely feel the difference in quality. Beaver wins hands down I think.

Great hat,I love mine.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up

My understanding is that Steve Delk made the Indy hats for the Indiana Jones movies, #2, #3, and #4. John Penman has the "Indy" block from Steve Delk and makes the Adventurebilt line now. I also have an Everyman from John Penman and it's a great hat but a handmade beaver is tops, no question! To have a signed Adventurebilt hat from Steve is a rare gem these days.

Jim Flynn

Familiar Face
My understanding is that Steve Delk made the Indy hats for the Indiana Jones movies, #2, #3, and #4. John Penman has the "Indy" block from Steve Delk and makes the Adventurebilt line now. I also have an Everyman from John Penman and it's a great hat but a handmade beaver is tops, no question! To have a signed Adventurebilt hat from Steve is a rare gem these days.

I understand that Steve is still making hats but the backlog of orders is lengthy in the extreme. I couldn't pass on the opportunity when I saw it and the beaver moulds beautifully in the hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy