Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Stetson Sport-Lite. I had never seen a heathered Stetson before. It seems pretty old, but pristine.
0760b72976142c73c76eb26c1d483e69.jpg

I like that one a lot Max! Congrats!

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Stetson Sport-Lite. I had never seen a heathered Stetson before. It seems pretty old, but pristine.
7fd2187e13691b22da755e90f6688269.jpg
c86de8fe84357316113a83230b1e4e26.jpg
2073e716b682ce24e5b34857d10fef5b.jpg
0760b72976142c73c76eb26c1d483e69.jpg
bb34276947eedd030ea1ea3ab8088020.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
I picked up this unlined, heathered Royal Stetson for my daughter about a year ago. It's a super sweet little hat. It's got a triple-stitched brim and quite a bit of blue to the charcoal heather that doesn't come across in these pictures.

i-dpmm3Q7-S.jpg
i-kDr4LMs-S.jpg

i-nm83mFZ-S.jpg
i-5Lx3pvC-S.jpg

i-mn5ZSmX-M.jpg

Received my Watson Hat Company win from last week.
100% pure beaver felt. Fits perfectly. Now I'm on the hunt for the perfect band, which is going to cost more than the hat.
WJMxX11.jpg

EARvylH.jpg

I’d love to read a detailed review if this hat. I’ve seen the shop’s videos and perused their website, but I’ve never seen one of their hats here on the Lounge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cpd670

New in Town
I really don't have the words to describe the hat properly.
It is stiff compared to the Akubras , Beaver Brand, or Stetson Dune 5X (rebuilt by Gus Miller @ Batsakes) hats which I regularly wear. The hat has a 3.75" brim which is an OK size, I prefer a 3 - 3.25". The sweatband is a full 2" compared to a 1.75" on the Stetson and 1.5" on the Akubras.

When you look at how the sweatband is sewn in it shows the attention to detail put into the hat. It is perfectly level which the body. The felt is the same thickness as the other hats mentioned above. When I went to shape it, it took much longer to get the hat to comply though. I believe it needs more steam than I was willing to use on it to properly shape it.

Overall I could not be happier.
Here is how it showed up:
dLxHvSy.jpg

Comparison of the Watson to the rebuilt Stetson:
HP57KI1.jpg

8yVQUgy.jpg

1Q33BAY.jpg

J24pjKd.jpg

and lastly how the sweatband is sewn in:
ebTPv5g.jpg

It is stiff compared to the Akubras , Beaver Brand, or Stetson Dune 5X (rebuilt by Gus Miller @ Batsakes) hats which I regularly wear. The hat has a 3.75" brim which is an OK size, I prefer a 3 - 3.25". The sweatband is a full 2" compared to a 1.75" on the Stetson and 1.5" on the Akubras.

When you look at how the sweatband is sewn in it shows the attention to detail put into the hat. It is perfectly level which the body. The felt is the same thickness as the other hats mentioned above. When I went to shape it, it took much longer to get the hat to comply though. I believe it needs more steam than I was willing to use on it to properly shape it.

dLxHvSy.jpg

HP57KI1.jpg

8yVQUgy.jpg

1Q33BAY.jpg

J24pjKd.jpg

ebTPv5g.jpg

Great hat! The brim can easily be trimmed if you prefer narrower. Thanks for the excellent review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dLxHvSy.jpg

HP57KI1.jpg

8yVQUgy.jpg

1Q33BAY.jpg

J24pjKd.jpg

ebTPv5g.jpg

Hi, cpd. What part of Ohio are you in? When dud Mr. Miller rebuild your hat?

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

cpd670

New in Town
I'm about 35 miles east of Cincinnati. Mr. Miller rebuilt the Stetson a little over a year ago. I really need to get into his shop more often. I remember him saying he was 83 when I was in there getting a Borsalino for Christmas last year.

dLxHvSy.jpg

HP57KI1.jpg

8yVQUgy.jpg

1Q33BAY.jpg

J24pjKd.jpg

ebTPv5g.jpg
I meant to comment this morning that with a toolchest like that you must be a machinist. My father-in-law was a tool & die maker. When he passed I brought home his toolchest, cleaned all the oak & replaced the green felt in the drawers. Now my wife enjoys keeping her things in it.

I'm about 35 miles east of Cincinnati. Mr. Miller rebuilt the Stetson a little over a year ago. I really need to get into his shop more often. I remember him saying he was 83 when I was in there getting a Borsalino for Christmas last year.

I'm up in Dayton. I too need to see him. He made a hat for me a couple of years ago and it's a favorite.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart