Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Thanks, Stefan. Great info!
The small headed gal that I shared the listing with doesn’t know anything about these hats, either. And so I won’t tell her what I’ve later learned about its monetary worth.
Since it appears to be old, especially if that hat box is original, maybe she can continue to appreciate it’s ethnic history?
Of course she can and I'd say a handmade one is certainly worth the money. Here are a few little clips on how they're made. In spanish though.

At $89 bucks I’ll call this 7 1/4 Borsa a victory, though she needs a bit of cleaning and shaping.
3” over welt brim and a tall squared up crown. The suede fur felt is something else!
Missing its reorder label, oddly.
I’ll list it on the Borsa thread when she’s ready.
My widest brim fedora, I think.
View attachment 491579 View attachment 491580 View attachment 491581
That's not just any victory, Randall. It's a decisive victory. What a hat!

Bowen @AbbaDatDeHat tipped me off on this hat listed as a size 6 ⅝. I meant to bid at the end but got distracted and missed it. A few days later it was re-listed due to a non-paying bidder and I made an offer that was accepted. Thank you B!

View attachment 492333 View attachment 492334 View attachment 492335

The photo the seller sent me at my request that was not in his listing for this “6 ⅝” hat. :)
View attachment 492337
Congrats, Brent. That is a winner!

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Just now snagged this late 50s 7XCB embroidered liner—my first 7x with that type liner.
I’m thinking me and naphtha can get this’n to as new condition with little problem.
Can you bleeve the price?!!!
And no, I didn’t take any time to “read”!
Think this will be my best victory yet!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4041975306...can0sdqtpg&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
C1F70709-587A-40E6-87A0-D7129BB620DA.jpeg

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko