Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Let that be an example of us pinheads having to shell out the big bucks as well as the pumpkin heads for something we really want ;) I'll post pics when it arrives this weekend.

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Yeah, like one auction in a thousand...!

Garrett said:
Let that be an example of us pinheads having to shell out the big bucks as well as the pumpkin heads for something we really want ;) I'll post pics when it arrives this weekend.
Still, it's nice to see ya'll fighting amongst yourselves. There's been FAR too many instances of one-bid-cheapo-price-oh-my-god-look-what-I-won! from youse guys! :p

billysmom

One Too Many
Zemke Fan said:
Still, it's nice to see ya'll fighting amongst yourselves. There's been FAR too many instances of one-bid-cheapo-price-oh-my-god-look-what-I-won! from youse guys! :p

You have to pick your fights. :p I wasn't in on that one. :D

Sue

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Garrett said:

That's a very special hat - even in 'mini-me' size it deserved a hefty tag. Congrats!

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
pic16580.jpg

Beautiful hat Garrett!!!

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
m000m000 said:
Someone explain/correct me, but why did that that hat, which to my eye seems to be a low-crown tapered overwelt Stetson from the sixties in 7 1/4th, go for over 230 bucks? :eek:

The feather is rare.

theinterchange

One Too Many
Dobbs Straw

My most recent eBay victory, a "7 1/4" Dobbs straw. An explanation of the "" is forthcoming.

4173002586_0b6302a77c_o.jpg

4173002592_22acc4b33f_o.jpg

4173002600_d6dd4caa47_o.jpg

It's in excellent condition. A nice 4 3/4" crown height, 2" brim, and a 2" cloth band/ribbon. The only condition issue is this, a simple enough problem to fix.

4173002606_2237de3020_o.jpg

NOW, for the "7 1/4" explanation... Either my head has swelled, the size 7 1/4 has gotten bigger since the hat was made, or the hat has shrunk. When I put it on, it sits a good inch above my ears. :eusa_doh:

Randy

munchausen

One of the Regulars
4and1 & jdbenson

Holy crap! You pry yourself away from buying for a few months and vintage hat prices go through the roof. The Cav is nice though, but I didn't see the word "Whippet" anywhere to warrant the price for that Royal Stetson. Was it an ill-informed purchase or was there something special about that hat?

The Stetson listing says it's a wool felt too! :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot