Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Mayser Homburg

I won this nice size 58cm Mayser Homburg. Probably mid to late 50s and in very good condition.

4302565741_dca11ec08d_o.jpg

4303314946_a09888ddc7_o.jpg

4302565727_5e19150730_o.jpg

4302565755_9f16afff9c_o.jpg

well crap!

RobFedoraField said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320474894525&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

!BjgtyBgBGk~$(KGrHqIH-DYEs8gmynV+BLT2sj4meQ~~_12.JPG

I won this yesterday and have high hopes for it. I doubt if it's from the '30's like the posting said, but I absolutely love the crease, the bound brim, and the dimensions, it looks very close to my Akubra Capricorn, but maybe a little stingier. not sure how accurate the "perfect" is of the condition is, definitley looks like it needs a naptha bath. and for $25 shipped, it would be one of my cheaper mistakes. the size wasn't listed but the seller sent me the dimensions and it comes out to a 7 1/4, so I'm really keeping my fingers crossed about that!

I'm kinda surprised there were only two bids including mine.

update: I got burned... aside from the questionable age, the liner of the hat is covered in a yellowish powder residue could be mold or something else, and the oval opening is not 6 1/2 x 8 as advertised, but 6 1/4 x 7 3/4 which knocks it down way too small for me. I emailed him and asked for a refund so we will see what happens. I know it was only $26, but it's the principle of the thing....

have you all had much luck getting refunds?

re: Adam Premier

IMG_2782.JPG

RobFedoraField said:
update: I got burned... aside from the questionable age, the liner of the hat is covered in a yellowish powder residue could be mold or something else, and the oval opening is not 6 1/2 x 8 as advertised, but 6 1/4 x 7 3/4 which knocks it down way too small for me. I emailed him and asked for a refund so we will see what happens. I know it was only $26, but it's the principle of the thing....

have you all had much luck getting refunds?

now that I'm over my crankyness that it didn't fit, after closer examination, it's really a nice hat that needs a little love. does anyone know what the yellowish residue may be?

if you have any interest, let me know...

IMG_2777.JPG

I measured the inner circumfrence at 21 & 7/8 (via tape method)

the sweat is in good shape, but just needs cleaning.

The seller offered a refund, but I don't want to loose money by paying to ship it back, so I put it up in the classifieds, hopefully someone will have something they want to trade. I'm going to try my hand at cleaning it this weekend. now to find the napthla and the lexol....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick