Ebay Jacket Identification and Repair

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Christopher Brown, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Christopher Brown

Christopher Brown New in Town

Hello all! I recently purchased a jacket from Ebay and was wondering if anyone can help identify it. I was also curious what you all knew about repairs. I've seen mentions of Aero and Lewis as great places to get repairs done, but I'm thinking this jacket might need a full overhaul. Have any of you had a jacket in its condition rebuilt? IMG_20191104_174036-2.jpg IMG_20191112_180020-2.jpg IMG_20191112_180046-2.jpg Screenshot_20191102-144151-2.png Screenshot_20191102-144213-2.png

Imuricecreamman, Dav and handymike like this.
  2. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

No idea, but it looks like a 1940s vintage jacket. I've seen similar details on Sears/Hercules jackets, but nothing quite like what you've got here. It's distinctive and looks like it's in very nice shape for its age. If the leather is in good shape, you've got a keeper.

3. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

What a cool jacket!
    Give Steve at Greatest Generation a try.
    Dave Sheeley has a bit of a wait these days.
    Best of luck.

4. Christopher Brown

Thanks guys! I'll try reaching out to Steve and see what I can find out. The jacket has some rough spots, but I think it's salvageable.

5. Christopher Brown

Any idea how to contact Steve. I tried looking for a website, but didn't have any luck. :-/

6. Peacoat

Peacoat I'll Lock Up

That is a cool jacket. Too bad the inside collar was allowed to deteriorate. Don't know what can be done about that.

7. Christopher Brown

I'm imagining that the collar will have to be replaced. There is also deterioration on the shoulders, but no tears. I'm hoping it's not red rot.