Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay sale: Brand New A-2 HH Cockpit USA size 42R

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
The price is up...someone here bidding? Now $190. Bet it will sell in the $400 range, maybe more. What? No side entry pockets? Count me out!

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
I got a Lost Worlds A1 on ebay for a price that was criminally low. Of course, I've sold stuff on ebay too where the other guy got the great deal.

Edward

Bartender
I got a Lost Worlds A1 on ebay for a price that was criminally low. Of course, I've sold stuff on ebay too where the other guy got the great deal.

The only way to be sure to avoid letting stuff go for less than you're prepared is either to start it at your minimum, or set a reserve. eBay's a funny place, though - works well for some things, not so well for others.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
The only way to be sure to avoid letting stuff go for less than you're prepared is either to start it at your minimum, or set a reserve. eBay's a funny place, though - works well for some things, not so well for others.

Tell me about it! I have a Paul Smith leather coat, wouldn't pass muster here but a rather nice fashion piece, well-made and in good nick. I put up for sale for a reasonable three-figure buy it now price, and somebody sent me a best offer of £25! God loves a trier, but it took everything not to send the guy a note to ask him what he thought he was playing at! Certainly, some people have unrealistic selling prices, but it seems to cut both ways: "Original RAF Irvin in tip top condition? Ooh, I'll give you £50, that's me best price!" :eeek:

Monsoon

A-List Customer
Tell me about it! I have a Paul Smith leather coat, wouldn't pass muster here but a rather nice fashion piece, well-made and in good nick. I put up for sale for a reasonable three-figure buy it now price, and somebody sent me a best offer of £25! God loves a trier, but it took everything not to send the guy a note to ask him what he thought he was playing at! Certainly, some people have unrealistic selling prices, but it seems to cut both ways: "Original RAF Irvin in tip top condition? Ooh, I'll give you £50, that's me best price!" :eeek:

That's sounds pretty typical. People want the very best, but don't want to have to pay for it. Or better yet, when you put something up for sale, they PM you, "Hey, what's the lowest amount you'll take for this?"

Losers. :eusa_doh:

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
After watching various items on the Bay, those that start at $1.00 often get a lot of action and sell for more than they should. And those that simply have a "Buy It Now" price often just sit, sometimes not selling at all.
Funny how it works.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Strange thing the old Bay, with the more expensive items I now tend to put a reserve on & then start off at $1.00. Made a nice profit on an a couple of Irvin clones (Teddy Bear Fleeces) using this method recently. Nylon jacket sales I tend to do OK on the 'Buy it Now' (cheaper end of the market). Plenty of pics & description tends to help. Only jacket I couldn't shift in the last few years over here (UK) was a G&B MA1 (too big for me).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner