Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eBay's vintage too expensive? NOT!

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

Vanessa

One Too Many
That first one is gorgeous. I wish I knew more about ties . . . going to have to do some searching on ebay now.
I guess everyone who spends a lot of time on ebay has a 'nemesis' that always seems to outbid them. I know Lauren & I do.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
that first one is gorgeous. I don't know? Is it considered "nude" if it's only half a person? Or are fish always nude?

I know what you mean. Cost is driven by demand. And it's by marketing- good pictures, correct description, correct category, snappy words... So if you know what you're looking at and willing to make a mistake every now and again, you can still find stuff dirt cheap on Ebay. It just takes a LOT of digging, and you have to know what to look for- not what catches everyone's eye. And then, list it correctly and make double your money when you get it in your clutches :)

Briscoeteque

One of the Regulars
In order to get some wider ties to balence out my intrest in the 40's style, I got these two on ebay for ten dollars each, and I think they were an absolute steal. Especially the second, the picture really doesn't do it justice.

I like those two ties, but I don't know if I can really wear a tie with a naked lady on it. Plus people would think I'm a pervert.

Jessica

One of the Regulars
Maybe people don't really know the value of certain vintage items. I guess that is what make Ebay fun. If you're in the know, you can luck out. I love buying and selling vintage goodies on Ebay.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As I've said in the "ebay prices" thread, I am outraged at the quick rise in the prices of vintage. Not only on ebay but in the retail shoppes as well. Vogue and Cosmo show a few emaciated models in vintage looking threads, and the mindless masses have to run out and look exactly like them. We can only hope that the trend will end as quickly as it came, and we can get back to buying our vintage goodies for unbelievably low prices.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Amen to that.

Daisy Buchanan said:
As I've said in the "ebay prices" thread, I am outraged at the quick rise in the prices of vintage. Not only on ebay but in the retail shoppes as well. Vogue and Cosmo show a few emaciated models in vintage looking threads, and the mindless masses have to run out and look exactly like them. We can only hope that the trend will end as quickly as it came, and we can get back to buying our vintage goodies for unbelievably low prices.

World War 2 items along with all things vintage have risen in price due to a sudden popularity it seems. Hopefully the mindless masses will lose interest and/or the purchasing power, and vintage items will become just so much unwanted "junk"! I guess we just have to wait it out when looking to buy that certain something as there are definate trends that come and go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay