Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Einstein on leather jackets... and superfluous

BobJ

Practically Family

121e5ec99c16912ae1da80f5d0fa3895.jpg

a4e8ff100690072fdc8eb8512396d2c3.jpg

7624a_lg.jpeg

...says the man with a mustache. Besides, easy for him to say, with the selection of jackets he had. Back then he couldn't have bought a crap one even if he wanted to.

Peacoat

Bartender
And the jacket is just what Monitor would like with either no collar or a minimal collar.

I think the photos were taken after he left Germany and moved here, but not certain. He left Germany in the 1930s when he was in his 50s.

If corporate got ahold of those shots, he'd quickly be wearing a LVC Menlo Cossack :)
He used to live in Pasadena down the street from my wife's grandma.

AdeeC

Practically Family
Oobviously he understood the theory of jacket "relatively". The older and more wear it gets the cooler it looks. Maybe he discovered that too? Drapes not unlike an A-1 or early A-2.

Justhandguns

Practically Family
I want to ask him this question
if you put a leather jacket in a plane and set it to fly faster than the speed of light, can it turn back to a living horse, goat, or cow?

I don't think you need the great man for this question. The answer is no. Although, the thought of flying a war time A-2 at light speed for a year or so, so that it will be practically like new at present days, is really tempting.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
I want to ask him this question
if you put a leather jacket in a plane and set it to fly faster than the speed of light, can it turn back to a living horse, goat, or cow?

You'd need a time machine for the tanned hide to reunite with it's original owner.................but be warned, the reassembling won't be pretty. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner