Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Embarrassing Moments

Miss 1929 said:
When this happens, if you bend over at the waist so your body is parallel to the floor, your shoulders get two inches closer to each other and off it comes. Otherwise know as "How to get that cow out of the delicate beaded dress without tearing it" that I learned in the vintage clothing biz...

Not that any of us are cows!!! Never never never!

oooo handy hint :eusa_clap NOw it will only take me half the time to get out those size 10s that I still think I can get in to. Well, the getting into is the easy part... lol

alexandra

Practically Family
This is embarrassing because I'm a moron. I have nothing to blame it on except my own stupidity:

I got a vintage inspired bathing cap and decided to bring it to my friends cottage to try it out for the first time. For some reason or another, sometime during the weekend everyone had gone out except me and naturally I decided to go for a dip and try out my new cap.

I went down to the lake the water was great. I have an awesome swim, but after a while it got boring and I was a bit lonely because no one had come home yet. It was then that I heard the loons on the water. They were cooing in the way loons do and I realised they were very close to me so I decided to try and communicate with them. I started to coo back, but as soon as I did they started to get jumpy and I was worried they would leave.

I looked around and saw that there was enough room under the dock for me to be able to swim under there, but stay out of view. I thought maybe this would help on my quest to befriend the loons. Upon swimming over though, I realised I'd have to navigate under the water through the beams to be able to get beneath the dock. LUCKILY, right in front of me were a pair of giant neon green googles (the kind that have the nose cover part too) and it was perfect. I'd be able to see when I swam under and have a perfect fit.

So there I was thinking I was so amazing. Under the dock, armed with goggles and a bathing cap...all I needed was the final cherry: I needed the loons to love me. So I started to coo...at first they didn't do anything. Then I heard them cooing again. I thought it must be working. I started to coo louder and louder. They cooed louder too!

Then I saw them.

Two canoes filled to the brim with bronzed, chiseled young men, out on the lake. And there I was, goggled, capped and cooing under the dock like a sea monster.

There was hope in my heart that they hadn't seen me or heard me, but I knew it wasn't to be...

"Did you just hear something?" one glowing canoing god asked.
"Yeah like a screaming noise..." confirmed another beautiful man.
They all looked around and stopped paddling. I held my breath.
"It sounded like it was coming from- What the hell is that under the dock?"
I'd been spotted. They floated by me as if in slow motion.
"Dude, I think that's a girl."
If there was any sort higher power he would have arranged for me to be sucked me down into the bowels of swamp thing hell just to put me out of my misery.
"What the...is she bald?"
I sunk deeper into the water, little bubbles of air escaping my mouth.
"Creepy..."

Anyway, I forgot to drown myself and lived to tell the tale.

olive bleu

One Too Many
Oh MY!!lol lol lol

I am sitting at my desk at work right now with tears streaming down my face!
The images playing in my mind are priceless! HA HA!

Miss 1940's

Practically Family
thanks for the Tip DMD

That happens to me all the time, I think my shoulders and rib cage is too wide or something.I once tried to try on this 1920's dress and I couldnt even get it around my neck......geese! those dames back then;they were small.
Miss 1929 said:
When this happens, if you bend over at the waist so your body is parallel to the floor, your shoulders get two inches closer to each other and off it comes. Otherwise know as "How to get that cow out of the delicate beaded dress without tearing it" that I learned in the vintage clothing biz...

Not that any of us are cows!!! Never never never!

ShortClara

One Too Many
Alexandra, I think you succeeded at becoming one with the loons! I've been one with them for a while now. It's not so bad. Now that you're in the flock, you get to be as crazy as you like.

texasgirl

One Too Many
Alexandra- so funny! You have a gift for storytelling too!

It reminded me of my embarrassing lake story.

I was 16 and went on vacation with my friend's family to Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. They had a lake house, boat dock, etc. They invited several people over, probably about 20+

There was this cute boy of course we all had our eye on. My friend and I were swimming in the lake. I decided to get out and the ladder was all covered in gunk.

So this cute boy- 18 or so, was standing there and said he'd be happy to pull me out of the water onto the dock.

Of course, I agreed. He took ahold of both of my wrists and pulled me out of the lake and onto the deck no problem. Until I realized the top of my bikini was now at my waist! And he just stood there with my arms in the air in shock. And I stood there in shock. Probably only for a couple seconds, but it sure seemed like forever.

And my friend's father and all his buddies were right there. I've never been so embarrassed. :eek:

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I had a one-afternnoon-every-other-week job housecleaning. They had a vintage vacuum cleaner (heavy) and no air-conditioning at that time. It was so hot so I took off my top and bra. I was vacuuming the glassed in porch and saw two young missionary men on the sidewalk so I calmly turned around and went into the house. When I peeped out the window, they seemed to be saying to each other, "Did we just see what we think we saw? Nawww." Actually, I wasn't embarrassed as I was a model including nude but the guys might've been and embarrassing someone else is always embarrassing to me.
If I'd freaked out or run away they would've known they'd seen a semi-naked girl. lol

olive bleu

One Too Many
Missionary men or not..I'm fairly certain that 2 guys could spot a semi naked girl vacuming though an open window, whether you're running away or not.lol

olive bleu

One Too Many
Texas Girl, your story fills me with a sense of deja vu. I think i may have had a similar experience once that i have buried in my subconscious mind somewherelol

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
olive bleu said:
Missionary men or not..I'm fairly certain that 2 guys could spot a semi naked girl vacuming though an open window, whether you're running away or not.lol
Yeah, but did they believe what they saw? All experience points to no. lol The other day my friend and I thought we saw a girl sitting down who'd, um, forgotten to wear pants. It turned out she was wearing a flesh-colored skirt. Ew. lol

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
When hubby & I vacationed in Bermuda, we were exploring a secluded beach/lagoon that was surrounded by rock cliffs. As a goof, and thinking we were alone, I pulled up the back of my bathing suit like a g-string and flashed hubby my bum. I looked up and there was a whole group of tourists standing on top of the rocks looking down at me as if I had flashed them. lol

My solution to the situation was very adult - I ran away like Daffy Duck yelling woo-hoo, woo-hoo, woo-hoo. lol

MissHannah

One Too Many
Alexandra - I have no idea what a Loon is (Duck? Swan? Otter?!) but you've made me laugh so hard my face has gone all funny... lol

alexandra

Practically Family
I'm glad my story was so well received!

Also, this is a loon:

common-loon.jpg

though it doesn't make much of a difference to the story if you know what a loon is or not, as long as you recognize that I'm an idiot lol

MissHannah

One Too Many
alexandra said:
I'm glad my story was so well received!

Also, this is a loon:

common-loon.jpg

though it doesn't make much of a difference to the story if you know what a loon is or not, as long as you recognize that I'm an idiot lol

Oh yeah... I got that part :)

Esme

One of the Regulars
Oh lord, I've got a million of them.
When I was 8 mos pregnant with twins I went grocery shopping with a friend, the ac was out in the store and I passed out, hit my head on the way down on a case of canned dogfood. Got a ride to the hospital in an ambulance.
I walked from the loo to the copy machine, down a loooooong hallway and across a room with every single employee in our office and about 10 clients with my full skirt tucked into my waistband (at least I had tights on, so no underwear flashage).
I went rolling skating once with a church group, including the preacher's son, a very cute Donny Osmond lookalike that I had a ginourmous crush on. Fell down and split my very tight jeans (I was about 14 or 15).
Fell flat on my keister in front of the ENTIRE football team when I was at uni. They were all under the age of oh, around 21 or so and I was 40. It was very icy, had been snowing, I was in heels and went tits over teakettle. I will give them credit, they all came running to help me up. Oh ma'am are you hurt? Sheesh, I felt like an old fool!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy