Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

Equality 7-2521

One of the Regulars
Truly fantastic thread, I went through every post and it left me with a question. Regarding the WESCO Boss boots, the "bump" toe was said to use the 9109 last. Which option does this correlate with on the WESCO sight as the only options there are; Boss Toe, Harness Toe, Western Boss Toe and Motorcycle Patrol Toe. Thanks

oldcrow82

One of the Regulars
Truly fantastic thread, I went through every post and it left me with a question. Regarding the WESCO Boss boots, the "bump" toe was said to use the 9109 last. Which option does this correlate with on the WESCO sight as the only options there are; Boss Toe, Harness Toe, Western Boss Toe and Motorcycle Patrol Toe. Thanks

See jimmer's post on page 22 of this thread.

Last edited:

jimmer_5

Practically Family

The "Bump Toe" is the 9109 last. They make plenty of boots with it, but you have to call them or go through a dealer to get it. I highly recommend going through a dealer - you'll save a significant amount of money. I went through Big Black Boots (http://www.boot.com/) and the proprietor, Ron Belanger, was very helpful and easy to deal with.

Good luck - they're worth it.

- Jim

Equality 7-2521

One of the Regulars
That information is very much appreciated Jim :). I'm currently in contact with Bakers in San Francisco, they offer roller buckles as an option which I thought was neat. If anyone has any experience with them please let me know. Now I am just trying to decide 9 or 10 inch height and whether to lower the heel a 1/4 or leave it standard. I'm very glad a friend showed me to this site, it has really opened my eyes!

CodeRed

One of the Regulars
That 1000 Mile Stockton boot does look good. What is the best (deal) website to buy them from....Baker's?

bl@ster

One of the Regulars
CodeRed: It's not out yet. You'll have to wait til August. Not sure if Baker's will carry it. Don't think they stock the 1000 mile collection right now. I usually order Wolverine stuff from Sherman Brothers.

razorwyre

New in Town
Wesco Brown Engineer Boots
Pull Straps at Top Instead of Buckle
11 Inches High
Steel Toes
Natural Mid-sole leather, hand dyed with shoe polish

Just a few years worth of wear....probably will last a decade.

Can provide more/better pics of needed.

Last edited:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Wesco Brown Engineer Boots
Pull Straps at Top Instead of Buckle
11 Inches High
Steel Toes
Natural Mid-sole rubber, hand dyed with shoe polish

Just a few years worth of wear....probably will last a decade.

Can provide more/better pics of needed.

Are you saying they were black originally and you polished them brown? If so, wow!

razorwyre

New in Town
I made a mistake earlier saying the midsoles were rubber, they are leather. What I meant to say was, the boots came in brown leather, with natural colored leather midsoles. I used a show polish/cream to dye the midsoles myself.

Black Leather

New in Town
Great boots. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with Wesco's "black tie" leather? I know that it's the leather used on their motor patrol boot, but do you think it would also work well on the boss boot or would it look wrong somehow?

Also, can anyone tell me how to purchase roller buckles from hukurokuju? I found the webpage but couldn't figure out how to purchase roller buckles to be sent to the US.

Cheers!

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Looks like Wolverine will have a nice looking Engy boot coming out in August called the Stockton. Look under the "1000 Mile" collection.

http://www.wolverine1000mile.com/

I am really looking forward to this one - they did it right - decent thickness half soles, leather heel, brown stain on the heels and welts, and they even offer the boot in brown leather (my favorite, despite being less classic). Here's a direct link: http://www.wolverine.com/us/1000mile/#/1000 MILE/Stockton

(The following is all speculation) However, I have a feeling that the price will ruin these. The basic 1000 mile boots are over $300, so I can't picture these being much less than $350-$400. When you hit that price point, you can get a standard pair of Wesco's for $389, and I would argue that they are likely to be a better pair of boots for the money.

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Razor those are great boots, and broken in just perfectly! Welcome to the lounge. ---John

I couldn't agree more - It's making me want to go pick up a standard pair of brown Wesco's and be mean to them. I have been far too nice to the pair I have now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner