Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Blackadder, I'd like to thank you for your input, although it's not very helpful for me, the reason being I don't own either of these brands, so a comparison between them is not helping. Anyway, i just ordered a pair of Road Champ, should get here next week.

univibe88

One Too Many
Blackadder, I'd like to thank you for your input, although it's not very helpful for me, the reason being I don't own either of these brands, so a comparison between them is not helping. Anyway, i just ordered a pair of Road Champ, should get here next week.

Can't wait to see pics!

Blackadder

Was going to put in the size of the Chippewa I own but I think I bought the wrong size as they are a bit loose. Anyway, my Chippewa were size 9.5.

regius

Bret, you are right..... and as of this morning, i just placed an order for the Attractions, they finally got back to me! Horse butt size 8.

regius

So reg, that's three new pairs of engineer boots ordered in the last week? :O

The idea is to have one pair of each well known maker, unless they are un-substantial and similar, such as the Lone Wolf and JL, or Red Wing and Wolverine. I also don't like the cock up toe (Buco, Ace, Boss) so i'm going to leave those alone, but as far as pictures are concerned, the Attractions look the best.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Bret, you are right..... and as of this morning, i just placed an order for the Attractions, they finally got back to me! Horse butt size 8.

You're my idol, Reg :D congrats!!! I will be incredibly interested to hear your thoughts on them all. And if the Attractions give you a ton of heartache up front, don't fret stick with them. They're worth the effort ;)

Best of luck in that snow storm

Blackadder

The idea is to have one pair of each well known maker, unless they are un-substantial and similar, such as the Lone Wolf and JL, or Red Wing and Wolverine. I also don't like the cock up toe (Buco, Ace, Boss) so i'm going to leave those alone, but as far as pictures are concerned, the Attractions look the best.

The Lone Wolf and the Lofgren are not similar at all as Kato will gladly tell you. Attractions is not that well known. Sorry, LOL. What's next then, there are Moto, Motor, Zerrow's, Maker's, Locomotive.........

Last edited:

regius

Lone Wolf and Lofgren to me are like Craft Rite and Attraction, or Buco and Beck, but if the Lone Wolf fits like work america, i'd be interested.

Jim Flynn

Familiar Face
I had a bit of luck and found a vurtually unused pair of Wesco Harness boots being sold in the UK on Ebay, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141531395145?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT. I checked the Wesco size guide, measured my feet and these turned out to be my size and I paid less than half the price of ordering them myself from Wesco. I'm really looking forward to getting home and trying these on. I contract overseas so won't be home for a while yet.

Blackadder

Lone Wolf and Lofgren to me are like Craft Rite and Attraction, or Buco and Beck, but if the Lone Wolf fits like work america, i'd be interested.

Beck used to be like an exact copy of Buco after all both brands were started by the same guy. However, there are noticeable divergence between the 2 brands in recent years. The new Beck actually looks more like the Lone Wolf.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I had a bit of luck and found a vurtually unused pair of Wesco Harness boots being sold in the UK on Ebay, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141531395145?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT. I checked the Wesco size guide, measured my feet and these turned out to be my size and I paid less than half the price of ordering them myself from Wesco. I'm really looking forward to getting home and trying these on. I contract overseas so won't be home for a while yet.

Nice score! Can't wait to see them.

strokes1251

Practically Family
Here are some of the newer made RRL boots from the texas maker. Man All I gotta say is that if you had the issues with the Julian made ones being to hard to put on/take off, buy these! they slipped on the first time I put them on and came off easily as well in total less than 10 seconds doing both. The quality is awesome as well feels like a baseball glove that my dad passed down to me. The comfort level on these are so good I decided to just give my old chippewas to my brother. It feels like a shoe but had the hard looks of the classic Engineer boots we have all come to love. Im going to try and buy some Julian made ones to see the difference for myself. Also I would suggest to order whatever size shoe you wear in converse or vans I went with a 10D and it fit spot on. Also my boots after one week of wearing them pretty much everywhere.
jg31wj.jpg

692k2b.jpg

1rb313.jpg

2dm5kde.jpg

rw810h.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ