Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

edmond

Vendor
Very nice indeed. Did you order the straps longer, or is that the standard? I do like a good, long strap length like this. Aesthetically, I just love the extra bit of length hanging there, though I also find it help a lot with putting boots on too. I have a couple of pairs of Wescos in mind for the future, though fingers crossed for the pound rising a bit against the dollar before that! Also waiting for a trip to the US in the hope I can get the chance to try some on for comparison - I'd hate to order a pair from that distance and find them arrive only to be a bad fit. Engineer boots are definitely tops for me in terms of my favourite boot designs, but the nature of the beast does mean not every brand is going to suit every foot.

if you want some black shinki horsebutt , wickett and craig leathers let me know ive got some leathers with wesco for mto

edmond

Vendor
Maybe I didn't measure properly. Here they are to the right of my Trophy Clothing Boots (should be the same as Attractions). They are bit shorter, but not that much.

41838715gf.jpeg

41838716dx.jpeg

Shipping was with EMS and was 8500 Yen (about 80$) - just checked the invoice.
thanks dude

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Think I’m going to put my Lofgren Havana engineers up in the classifieds. Thought i’d float them through here first. 9.5
Pm if interested.

andyone

A-List Customer
Could someone explain to me what the difference is between a cuban heel and a woodman heel? I did a search here and by google but haven't found an understandable explanation.
Any hints would be appreciated.

Edward

Bartender
Could someone explain to me what the difference is between a cuban heel and a woodman heel? I did a search here and by google but haven't found an understandable explanation.
Any hints would be appreciated.

Took me a long time to figure this too. A woodsman heel is what you see on these Role Clubs, sort of curves in then back out again, with the surface of the heel that contact the ground being more or less the same size as the top:

5211963fb1289821ec434da9d8c6c40d.jpg

A Cuban heel on the other hand is what you see on a lot of cowboy boots, where the heel angles in more sharply and doesn't curve back out at all, the end result being that the ground-contact-underside is of a much smaller area than the top, though the extent of this will vary of course. Typical example:

cuban-heels-bushman-cuban-heel-gjzypxb-.jpg

RMC Buco Newer vs. Older (teacore patina):

View attachment 368307

My trouble with teacore has always been they look great at the start when I'd pair them with black, and at the end when they'd go great with a brown jacket, but what would my mind make of them in the in-between stage!

andyone

A-List Customer
Took me a long time to figure this too. A woodsman heel is what you see on these Role Clubs, sort of curves in then back out again, with the surface of the heel that contact the ground being more or less the same size as the top:

5211963fb1289821ec434da9d8c6c40d.jpg

A Cuban heel on the other hand is what you see on a lot of cowboy boots, where the heel angles in more sharply and doesn't curve back out at all, the end result being that the ground-contact-underside is of a much smaller area than the top, though the extent of this will vary of course. Typical example:

cuban-heels-bushman-cuban-heel-gjzypxb-.jpg

My trouble with teacore has always been they look great at the start when I'd pair them with black, and at the end when they'd go great with a brown jacket, but what would my mind make of them in the in-between stage!

Thank you for the information!

mlwdp

Familiar Face
Had my Wesco Horsehide Boss rebuilt and resoled.

black vintage stitching
E width
430 sole
Longer strap using black Horween Horsehide leather

9979a331-a8f4-4d28-889c-9d107fd0c3df.jpeg

65f1820d-e239-47d3-a153-096aa14c15fb.jpeg

Attachments

• 14903A19-E3BA-46DC-BF86-05CCEA4881AE.jpeg
    14903A19-E3BA-46DC-BF86-05CCEA4881AE.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,081
  • 240FA0B9-5D4A-4767-9C57-0487A639AB57.jpeg
    240FA0B9-5D4A-4767-9C57-0487A639AB57.jpeg