Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ESQUIRE Best Dressed Real Man contest

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Right on! Consider yourself officially voted for by me.
The group photo is great. Some of the others look like they are trying hard to look cool (sullen). The radiant smile is great.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
One thing I find telling is how they posed you Front and Center ahead of the pack with everyone else trying to play catch up!

Way to go! You got my vote!

Chad

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
HOORAY for RAY

Ray's clothes have graced the FL threads for years
& his classic style of dress stands the test of time.

Way to go :eusa_clap

Solid Citizen

DerMann

Practically Family
Just bought this issue of Esquire, and I had a look through it...

Sneakers!?!?! IN THE UN BUILDING!?!?!? And how did that last guy even make it in?

If Mr. Rover does not win, Esquire will have to start answering some questions.

Feraud

Bartender
raymond-chu-1-0908-lg-89439917.jpg

Mission statement: "Look, I'm nineteen years old. There's no getting around that. I'm young, and my identity is in flux. However, through discovering the stars of yesteryear and the celluloid worlds of Bogart and Astaire, I've opened a forgot-ten world of the past and managed to fabricate a fresh identity for the present. Like Archibald Leach transforming into Cary Grant, I separate myself from the masses through my choices of classic suits and accessories. With that kind of foundation, I'll always be well dressed. Ultimately, I don't dress for fashion or for girls; I dress for my ever-changing identity, a work in progress. To be continued."
Models himself after: Humphrey Bogart

Chalk-stripe suit and tie by Ralph Lauren; sweater by J.Crew; custom-tailored shirt by Paramount Tailors in Taipei; shoes by Allen-Edmonds; pocket square and suspenders by Brooks Brothers; collar bar by J. Press. Cap is vintage.

Well said. I like the cap and suit combo.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Cool beans! Though, it was a given that someone from the Lounge would have gotten in, as stylish as we are. ;)

You beat the pants off the other guys in that pic. Congrats!

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
http://www.esquire.com/style/best-dressed-real-men-0908

Hmmm, doesnt appear that VOTING is part of the contest right now:
All of these guys are winners, except for the four who will lose. The Best Dressed Real Man in America will be chosen by Esquire's editors and announced live this month on NBC's Today show. To check out all the entries and learn more about the five finalists, visit esquirebdrm.com.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav