Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Esther Weis Millinery

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Our very own Esther Weis has once again displayed what a wonderful person she is and what a wonderful hatter she is.

Out of the pure kindness of her heart this showed up at my door yesterday.

an extremely thoughtful gift for my daughter

Thank you Esther
Just so amazingly kind of you.

Athena loves her new hat

4bca426ed1cd6826558dccac33f8e920.jpg

62a4796bde1026c7f5136619746b7ed0.jpg

ea36a74f58ecdaeec4bf41f7e9535c7f.jpg

ac317b5a2f4ac9276ab90cc1339fcda1.jpg

5067f6cf830e17be46a72c1f966f2633.jpg

89ef54f27c2e4ead4e465827def9575d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone while orbiting the earth in a sea foam green 1957 Cadillac
That so sweet! On all counts. :)

Our very own Esther Weis has once again displayed what a wonderful person she is and what a wonderful hatter she is.

Out of the pure kindness of her heart this showed up at my door yesterday.

an extremely thoughtful gift for my daughter

Thank you Esther
Just so amazingly kind of you.

Athena loves her new hat

4bca426ed1cd6826558dccac33f8e920.jpg

62a4796bde1026c7f5136619746b7ed0.jpg

ea36a74f58ecdaeec4bf41f7e9535c7f.jpg

ac317b5a2f4ac9276ab90cc1339fcda1.jpg

5067f6cf830e17be46a72c1f966f2633.jpg

89ef54f27c2e4ead4e465827def9575d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone while orbiting the earth in a sea foam green 1957 Cadillac

Wow. What an amazing post. I had to fix this....that is a very special gift. One more reason for my gift going to Esther....

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
Hey folks, just wanted to give Esther a shoutout today. She posted a great pugaree on Instagram today which I asked her about and she sent me a nice write up about making one of my own. We all know Esther is awesome and a great person and fantastic hatter. If you are on Instagram and have not yet followed Esther please consider doing so and you will see some cool posts of things she is working on. You won't be sorry.

Thank you @EstherWeis

Instagram: @estherweismillinery

Hey folks, just wanted to give Esther a shoutout today. She posted a great pugaree on Instagram today which I asked her about and she sent me a nice write up about making one of my own. We all know Esther is awesome and a great person and fantastic hatter. If you are on Instagram and have not yet followed Esther please consider doing so and you will see some cool posts of things she is working on. You won't be sorry.

Thank you @EstherWeis

Instagram: @estherweismillinery

That is the nice thing about Instagram. Im chatting with Esther in Belgium i hit send....seconds later we are chatting. And well just about everyone on there with a skill is posting their makings daily. No doubt.....I thought Instagram was some social media for kids and selfies...its a marketing tool and a great place to easily post the days activity. Esther is on there daily. Its good to follow her. She is talented.

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
Speaking of pugs and the inspiration that Esther gave me I wanted to provide my own tip. And it is paper prototyping! On paper you can easily and quickly redesign the pleat layout as needed to get what you want. For example I am thinking of a pug that is 3 inches overall that has two pleats. So each section is 1 inch tall with 1/2 inch overlaps. So I drew it out and then folded the paper. See below for my example.

Pug Layout
IMAG0632.jpg

My folded paper prototype
IMAG0631.jpg

It gets me close to the final outcome and I can work out all the kinks in paper before ruining some fabric. I can determine how much fabric to start with and then work on the pleats. I sure there is a jig I can make for the pleating process if I think about it more. ;)

I hope this helps someone.
Thanks again Esther for your guidance earlier today. Hopefully I can work on a fabric pug this weekend.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Our very own Esther Weis has once again displayed what a wonderful person she is and what a wonderful hatter she is. Out of the pure kindness of her heart this showed up at my door yesterday, an extremely thoughtful gift for my daughter.
You are not alone, she sent Tina a mannequin head. It's extremely useful to put a wig on and then practice period and vintage hairstyles on said wig. Esther certainly is generous, there's always something extra in your hatbox, mine was Belgium chocolates.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
You are not alone, she sent Tina a mannequin head. It's extremely useful to put a wig on and then practice period and vintage hairstyles on said wig. Esther certainly is generous, there's always something extra in your hatbox, mine was Belgium chocolates.
+1. CHOCOLATE! (mine too.)

EstherWeis

Vendor
Sorry to be a bit MIA when it comes to men's hat guys.
I'm exposing on a wedding fair in October and I'm up to my ears in cocktail hats.

I'm also offering matching vests or coats to go with the hats so I am a bit busy.
For all of you that don't follow me on instagram here are some sneak peaks.

cb755cddde4aac6c97f1bccf7b8159ae.jpg

5bb5c2984b3bfad9ac6e0e27752616eb.jpg

3a0fd9465ea4429f8e857f439bf67c89.jpg

c252766dc0859826787a257398956199.jpg

Sorry to be a bit MIA when it comes to men's hat guys.
I'm exposing on a wedding fair in October and I'm up to my ears in cocktail hats.

I'm also offering matching vests or coats to go with the hats so I am a bit busy.
For all of you that don't follow me on instagram here are some sneak peaks.

Those don't look like they'd hold the cocktail.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Esther's quite the artist. The hats look great!
Yes she makes a fantastic looking hat for sure! The one she made for Daniel is now his favorite hat. He wears it from the time he gets up and has coffee until he is about ready to retire for the evening. We have had some company to visit here and a few people wanted to look at it up close (as in handle it) and first thing Daniel says, "wash your hands first or no, you are not touching this one"!!!!!!! haha!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Speaking of pugs and the inspiration that Esther gave me I wanted to provide my own tip. And it is paper prototyping! On paper you can easily and quickly redesign the pleat layout as needed to get what you want. For example I am thinking of a pug that is 3 inches overall that has two pleats. So each section is 1 inch tall with 1/2 inch overlaps. So I drew it out and then folded the paper. See below for my example.

Pug Layout
View attachment 53508

My folded paper prototype
View attachment 53509

It gets me close to the final outcome and I can work out all the kinks in paper before ruining some fabric. I can determine how much fabric to start with and then work on the pleats. I sure there is a jig I can make for the pleating process if I think about it more. ;)

I hope this helps someone.
Thanks again Esther for your guidance earlier today. Hopefully I can work on a fabric pug this weekend.
I know you can purchase those small hooks for the end of a pug, just can't recall where? BUT is is a website that also sells generic looking pugs and hats and supplies for hat making. I'll take a quick look on the internet and see if I can find the website right now....yep I found it!
Here is a link for those...:http://www.caliqo.com/findex.html?http&&&www.caliqo.com/ebay/pugarees/hatband_hooks.html

Hope that can help you or anyone looking for some.

It is so hard to find a decent looking wide pug that would be a true vintage look to it. We have one here that is pleated 3 inches wide and has a print on it in a medium light blue shiny finish.

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
I know you can purchase those small hooks for the end of a pug, just can't recall where? BUT is is a website that also sells generic looking pugs and hats and supplies for hat making. I'll take a quick look on the internet and see if I can find the website right now....yep I found it!
Here is a link for those...:http://www.caliqo.com/findex.html?http&&&www.caliqo.com/ebay/pugarees/hatband_hooks.html

Hope that can help you or anyone looking for some.

It is so hard to find a decent looking wide pug that would be a true vintage look to it. We have one here that is pleated 3 inches wide and has a print on it in a medium light blue shiny finish.
Cindy thank you for the link. I have been looking for those hatband hooks (I didn't know what to call them before but now I do).

Esther makes some great looking pugs but not only that she has been making some great looking fascinators and posting them on her Instagram, I highly recommend following her #estherweismillinery

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Cindy thank you for the link. I have been looking for those hatband hooks (I didn't know what to call them before but now I do).

Esther makes some great looking pugs but not only that she has been making some great looking fascinators and posting them on her Instagram, I highly recommend following her #estherweismillinery
I am sad I am not as talented in the hat department as most are...but I do know how to keep them clean, steam them a bit, iron and "bash" them up a bit.

Esther is so wonderful...she is our Angel in our family now! Just can't help but to love her so much!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24