Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everybody OK?

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I was concerned, after the tsunami tragedy in India and Asia, that our contributors from that part of the world are all OK.

I know a few of you are in or near Hong Kong, and I assume that you are all OK, but wanted to hear from you.

karol

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Gcollins almost was in the area, but he and his wife decided to vacation in another part of China instead of Bali. He's back from vacation now, though quite a few folks were worried when he hadn't posted for a few days.

Brad

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Epic tradjedy

Matt Deckard said:
I don't think any forum members were in the region. This is tragic. Possibly over 100,000 lost!

What to do with total devastation of a civilization. Town. City. Resort. Bodies by the thousands laying under rubble and on the roads. No power, food, or water. Colera, diseases, decay.

Tonight as you sit at your computer, with the nice heater in your home purring away, that nice beverage on the coaster next to the mouse...think of the people across the globe.

There but for the Grace of God go I. It can happen here. Hurricane, Flood, Snow, Earthquake.

For as much as the "world community" hates the USA, it amazes me to think how they demand "we" do something about this trajedy.

And we will.

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
That is a tremendously good point. In Ecuador it wasn't so bad... a "go home Yanquis" or "Bush es el diablo." They'd much rather talk about Bill Clinton and Monica.

In Peru it was a bit more in your face, but still nice.

Here we will go, head held high, marching in to help a Muslim nation, no second thoughts, and some will ridicule no matter what.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Years ago I learned that the best way to answer anger and/or hate is by showing kindness and caring. Even if we don't get recognition of our good deeds from other nations on the planet, we are least get good kharma.

Thanks, Brad, for your update on Gcollins. I see he is alive and well and contributing to another thread. I thought of him first but know there are a number of you out there who travel a lot in your jobs and was concerned.

karol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24