Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excellent 1950 book - Men's Wear anniversary issue

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
I found this little gem while hunting for books at the library. It's called "History of The Men's Wear Industry - 1890-1950". Published by Fairchild on February 10, 1950, it's the 60th anniversary issue (in book form, I suppose) of Men's Wear magazine.

I've only just started looking at it, but it's absolutely chock full of advertisements (nice big ones - it's a large-format book), and around page 198, it finally starts a series of articles on the history of menswear. With plenty of illustrations. I think a lot of you guys would be interested in it, if you can find/beg/borrow/(do NOT steal from your local library) a copy.

Of particular note for many of you might be the 3 pages devoted to charting suit trends from 1935 to 1950. The charts cover Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter trends in color, suit models (3-button single-breasted, 2-button double-breasted, etc.), and fabric. If there's any interest, I can see about scanning those pages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran