Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

"Hippies", "Hipsters". There are a few ere who appear to have some aversion to "Hips" of various kinds. Ischophbiacs, as it were.

Perhaps a help program for ourt Ischophobiacs might be in order. Expose our poor beknighted ischophobic souls to non-threatening "Hips", beginning perhpas with Rose Hip tea. Then these unfortunate folk can rest under a hip roof for a while. Eventually we can work up to Hula dancing, which is really quite simple; One puts a crop of grass on the right hip, another on the left hip, and then proceeds to rotate the crops. Compassion, effort, and care can, I think, cure our unfortunate Ischophobiacs of their malady.

Ischophobia???
That is a word, right? :p

Though I do know that many hippies are hydrophobic as well as ablutophobic. :D

Last edited:

scrawlysteve

One of the Regulars
"Hippies", "Hipsters". There are a few ere who appear to have some aversion to "Hips" of various kinds. Ischophbiacs, as it were.

Perhaps a help program for ourt Ischophobiacs might be in order. Expose our poor beknighted ischophobic souls to non-threatening "Hips", beginning perhpas with Rose Hip tea. Then these unfortunate folk can rest under a hip roof for a while. Eventually we can work up to Hula dancing, which is really quite simple; One puts a crop of grass on the right hip, another on the left hip, and then proceeds to rotate the crops. Compassion, effort, and care can, I think, cure our unfortunate Ischophobiacs of their malady.

Hip hip hooray....the cure must be fast though, these poor old embittered Ischophobes must be about due for hip replacements....

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Hip hip hooray....the cure must be fast though, these poor old embittered Ischophobes must be about due for hip replacements....

Though, without these old Iso, Ichso, whatevers, we wouldn't have all the great bands like we have in the Hall of Fame. (Which, I'm told, has a pretty lame set up, but anyway...)

Justin B

One Too Many
I have no idea what "ischo" in Ischophobia is referring to in relation to "hips". Ischo in medical terms is restraint or suppression. However a fear of being restrained would be Merinthophobia. Excessive dislike of a body part is Dysmorphophobia but usually that refers to ones own body. So...I'm lost.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
I have no idea what "ischo" in Ischophobia is referring to in relation to "hips". Ischo in medical terms is restraint or suppression. However a fear of being restrained would be Merinthophobia. Excessive dislike of a body part is Dysmorphophobia but usually that refers to ones own body. So...I'm lost.

"Ischio" (ισχίο) literally means "hip" in modern greek. Just a (more or less) comic portmanteau.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Though, without these old Iso, Ichso, whatevers, we wouldn't have all the great bands like we have in the Hall of Fame. (Which, I'm told, has a pretty lame set up, but anyway...)

Which bands? The Coon-Saunders Nighthawks? Ben Pollack and his Park Central Orchestra? The Cliquot Cub Eskimos?

Of which "hall of fame" do you speak?

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Which bands? The Coon-Saunders Nighthawks? Ben Pollack and his Park Central Orchestra? The Cliquot Cub Eskimos?

Of which "hall of fame" do you speak?

Oh, I always forget the most important bits.

"Rock & Roll" Hall of "Fame"
Y'know, the one that forgets the best bands & honors the worst. So I'm told. ;)

Justin B

One Too Many
Usually it's the autocorrect that gets me. As it turns out if you misspell something often enough it will learn to spell a word the wrong way for you.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
You might want to rethink the hula bit. I mean, they'd just try to smoke one anothers skirts...
:eusa_clap
To answer the question earlier, about why the dislike for hippies...it's just something that was latched on to a week or so ago. Excessive posting can be that way sometimes.
We can easily talk about hipsters wearing wrinkled shirts, faded out jeans, tennis shoes, and a fedora or a hat similar to one. Adding a tie does not make the hat work, sorry.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff