Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
On the note of Fall, I'm really enjoying the nice weather we've been getting this month.

Spent all afternoon outside drinking beer and playing with Red.
1393050_10151889330389330_1622428414_n.jpg

Also, that's my new pickup truck, for those who didn't know I decided to retire and sell the old Dodge.

Retire?
You don't have the car lot anymore?

No, I mean I retired the truck. She was older than me and still being used as a truck and with the car lot coming up in the ranks, I needed something that would pull my car trailer cross country, if I need to, with no worries.

Retire?
You don't have the car lot anymore?

No, it's not a diesel. Has a gas 496 ci engine and an Allison transmission.

Definitely not a clown car. :p You going to put stacks on it too?

No need to apologize, he has markings very similar to quite a few breeds and people always are guessing. It's tricky, with him being a mix. He looks just like the Black and Tan Coon Hound I had growing up. I miss old Zeke. He slept at the foot of my bed throughout my childhood.

My apologies for getting it wrong. He really is a gorgeous creature regardless of his breeding.

Virginia Creeper

One of the Regulars
No need to apologize, he has markings very similar to quite a few breeds and people always are guessing. It's tricky, with him being a mix. He looks just like the Black and Tan Coon Hound I had growing up. I miss old Zeke. He slept at the foot of my bed throughout my childhood.

Our dog is a mix, but nobody pretends to know what she is. We get a lot of "What a beautiful dog! Is she a... well, I don't know what, but she's pretty!" (For the record, she's a sheltie/GSD cross.)

DesertDan

One Too Many
Okay, so here's the deal.... I joined the SCA about two years ago, because Jake was involved in it. In the last 6 months, we've been running for Baron and Baroness and have been going to an event almost every weekend, making garb (medieval clothing) and going to meetings during the week. So that's it. That's where I've been :)

Condolences! :D

I have been in the SCA in the distant past and spent almost 20 years in another medieval re-creation organization. I still hold my ranks of Chilvary and Royalty. I have not participated in a long time but I put a lot of sweat and blood into it (literally) and even though leading medievalists is worse than herding cats, I do still miss it every once in a while.

rue

Condolences! :D

I have been in the SCA in the distant past and spent almost 20 years in another medieval re-creation organization. I still hold my ranks of Chilvary and Royalty. I have not participated in a long time but I put a lot of sweat and blood into it (literally) and even though leading medievalists is worse than herding cats, I do still miss it every once in a while.

LOL!

So, are a knight and a count? And did you play in Atenveldt?

DesertDan

One Too Many
Atenveldt and Ansteorrea.

The structure and progression within the organization I was in differs in significant ways from the SCA. But the short version is yes, the SCA recognized me as both a Knight and a Duke when I visited their events.

Feel free to PM me if you would like to discuss particulars (or compare wounds). :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR