Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

Hi lovelies...er, where is everyone? The excessive posting thread appears to be dead. SAY IT ISN'T SO?

X
BD

It's not dead, it's just resting. :D:p

Monty_Python_reuni_2738737b.jpg

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I would say, generally, that things have gone very quiet in recent months. [huh] There are some days when the Outerwear hardly moves!

...Let's see, go see the Crystal Cathedral or post here. Hmmmmm...:p
The Crystal Cathedral is just a big glass building with a bunch of benches, a pipe organ, and a couple of crosses thrown in for good measure. The design is mildly interesting when you see it for the first time, the grounds are rather expansive, and there's generally a peaceful atmosphere about the place, but I'm not sure it would be worth the drive for you. I hear the sandwiches at the snack shop are pretty good but, again, probably not worth the trip. Of course, if you just happen to be in the area for some reason...

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
The Crystal Cathedral is just a big glass building with a bunch of benches, a pipe organ, and a couple of crosses thrown in for good measure. The design is mildly interesting when you see it for the first time, the grounds are rather expansive, and there's generally a peaceful atmosphere about the place, but I'm not sure it would be worth the drive for you. I hear the sandwiches at the snack shop are pretty good but, again, probably not worth the trip. Of course, if you just happen to be in the area for some reason...

I found the Richard Neutra building of 1961 to be both more attractive and better scaled than the 1980 hot-house, but then I have never particularly cared for the work of Phillip Johnson.

I found the Richard Neutra building of 1961 to be both more attractive and better scaled than the 1980 hot-house, but then I have never particularly cared for the work of Phillip Johnson.
I enjoy looking at buildings that feature unique styling, but I can't say I have ever truly considered the architects who designed them. After reading your post I did some quick Google research, and my initial (and admittedly superficial) impression is that Neutra favored horizontal designs with rigid adherence to traditional 90° angles, while Johnson favored vertical designs with less traditional angles and, occasionally, curved features; particularly in their more recent designs. From a purely aesthetic perspective I can't say I prefer one's designs over the other, but it seems the buildings Neutra designed would be more practical (particularly here in California where the threat of earthquakes somewhat limits our abilities to build vertically).

Exactly the point. It was a field trip. They drove me there free and provided me with free food. :p
Aside from the HUGE figural at the front made visible due to tiny pinholes exactingly done, it was disappointing. It was small, the pews were uncomfortable and it is EXTREMELY sparsely decorated. Cement walls?! Come on!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I would think most people connect the crystal cathedral to the one that television evangelist would announce on his shows, that you could buy a "saved your soul" package for a mere donation of $200.00 and for an additional $5.00 you may include the family pet turtle..Robert Schuller I think was his name???

I think that one is located in or near Orange County.

Last edited:
I would think most people connect the crystal cathedral to the one that television evangelist would announce on his shows, that you could buy a "saved your soul" package for a mere donation of $200.00 and for an additional $5.00 you may include the family pet turtle..Robert Schuller I think was his name???

I think that one is located in or near Orange County.

Yeah, not that one. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui