Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Experience with Wested?

NextStepGuy

Familiar Face
Hello, I was wondering how you guys deal with Wested for your custom orders/inquiries. That Gemma person is really hard to talk to. I call from overseas and ask about ordering a jacket with a L instead of R. That option doesn't appear on the shopping cart web app they are using. I just sent 3 emails asking about it and called and I don't get the right answers or no answers to the emails. What do you guys recommend? Anyone has got Peter's cell phone number so I don't have to deal with this Gemma person? :(

db5zx

Familiar Face
I got the Wested Indy Shirt and Indy Pants. No problem whatsoever. Gemma can be a bit tough, but she is ok to deal with...

You might wanna try to ask that question over at COW, those guys regularly deal with Wested and might be able to answer your questions...

...Jens

Kt Templar

One of the Regulars
NextStepGuy said:
Hello, I was wondering how you guys deal with Wested for your custom orders/inquiries. That Gemma person is really hard to talk to. I call from overseas and ask about ordering a jacket with a L instead of R. That option doesn't appear on the shopping cart web app they are using. I just sent 3 emails asking about it and called and I don't get the right answers or no answers to the emails. What do you guys recommend? Anyone has got Peter's cell phone number so I don't have to deal with this Gemma person? :(

Wow, that's really strange! Gemma is a lovely girl, are you having trouble understanding her accent or syntax? I'll admit she does have a weird way of writing.

Anyway, if you DO want to talk with Peter try calling at around 5.15-5.45PM UK time, I believe Gemma works till 5.

But the question you are after can be simply sorted by asking for a long sizing in the "any requests" field on the order form.

NextStepGuy

Familiar Face
The request form only appears for the indy jacket not for the movie repros (they are sized with the US style from S to XL).

Gemma's accent is a bit thick but not too much of a problem. I probably caught her in a bad day... Her email replies are hilarous though! Wonder where she went study.

Doug C

Practically Family
I've posted a similar thread over on COW, regarding Gemma's Demeanor when replying to me regarding this or that. She almost always came across as being rude or short with me, and it bothered me enough to comment in the forum about it. It was more than a few times if I recall. However, seemed like every answer I got was an excuse for her. I have pretty tuff skin though and know it wasn't imagined. She wrote me a short apology after I posted the thread and I felt a little bad about it. I believe she's very busy and her replies reflect it sometime. Wested will make you a great jacket so my advice is deal with it and in the end you'll have a great jacket.

Doug C

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Always had a positve experience.
Quick respones, too, especially considering their volume of business.
I would ask you to try again, perhaps by e-mail.
That's always worked for me.

Havana

One of the Regulars
As a repeat customer of Wested's, I can say that I've only had the best experience in dealing with them. They have cheerfully accomodated my special requests and always responded in quick order. I have only dealt with them via email because of the time difference between the UK and USA.

NextStepGuy

Familiar Face
If only...

... I could talk to Peter instead of Gemma! That lady doesn't have a good week obviously. Now she doesn't even reply to my emails. I can't wait for me to call and ask for Peter. She is going to hang up on me! Arg!

NextStepGuy

Familiar Face
Follow up

I just had a chat with Gemma on the phone. As it turns out, the busy factor is really what is causing all this lack of attention and follow up. I was able to order on the phone while I was hearing a hammer banging cheerfully in the background, probably someone fixing some hardware on a new jacket... So yes, eventually I was able to order what I want. Thanks for suggesting not to give up easily!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn