Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eye make-up HELP!

SweetieStarr

A-List Customer
Hi Ladies,

I have just experienced a make-up user's dreaded horror -- my eye make-up has been discontinued!

I use the Cover Girl EyeSlicks which is like a fat crayon and has a softer, more gel-like consistency. While one can use it as an eyeliner, it can be used over the whole lid.

I am very sensitive to eye make-up, especially powdered shadows and often different pigments. Sometimes my eye lids break out in little red dots, and other times I just get a bad headache behind my eyes from the make-up.

The CG Eyeslicks have been the only make-up that did not bother me. More specifically, I couldn't even wear all the shades depending on the pigment of the color.

Cover Girl suggested I try their new eye shadow that has replaced the Eyeslicks, however, I'm not sure if it will be the same.

I use Clinique make-up on my face, but their eye shadows bother me.

Can any product-sensitive ladies recommend any eye make-ups for me?

Much appreciated - thanks.

Lotta Little

One of the Regulars
Hmmm, sorry to hear your bad news, and perhaps some of the makeup artists here can help. If not, why not try playing up your lips, cheeks and eyebrows and leaving your lids alone? It's a different look, but just as pretty as a strong eye. The pulsing headache you described doesn't seem worth it.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
I've used Clinque eye shadows and had problems...

Have you checked out Mary Kay? I really like their eye shadows. Been using theirs for many years. Clinique, I like their lipsticks.

SweetieStarr said:
Hi Ladies,

I have just experienced a make-up user's dreaded horror -- my eye make-up has been discontinued!

I use the Cover Girl EyeSlicks which is like a fat crayon and has a softer, more gel-like consistency. While one can use it as an eyeliner, it can be used over the whole lid.

I am very sensitive to eye make-up, especially powdered shadows and often different pigments. Sometimes my eye lids break out in little red dots, and other times I just get a bad headache behind my eyes from the make-up.

The CG Eyeslicks have been the only make-up that did not bother me. More specifically, I couldn't even wear all the shades depending on the pigment of the color.

Cover Girl suggested I try their new eye shadow that has replaced the Eyeslicks, however, I'm not sure if it will be the same.

I use Clinique make-up on my face, but their eye shadows bother me.

Can any product-sensitive ladies recommend any eye make-ups for me?

Much appreciated - thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo