Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

F.I.S.T.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I saw the 1978 movie FIST with Sylvester Stallone.....it was about the 1930's truck unions...mirrored Teamsters..

There was gangsters and unions, Senate investigation....

The film (can't believe I missed it) had great costumes and lots of fedora hats.

If you see it on TV or rent it at your video store, it was pretty good.

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
i think stallone looks especially tough in 30's style clothes...and it was a pretty good film too...really underrated...

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
The movie's plot was about truck drivers but there were elements of all industries represented in the film. For instance when there was the strike at the plant, the character of the owner of the plant was based on Henry Ford and the actor beared a striking resemblence to Henry Ford. The union President played by Peter Boyle had lines from John L. Lewis. It touched on many social aspects of the '30s; labor, management, romance, New Deal, bolshevism etc. I haven't seen it in a while but a good movie. And who could forget the line; "What are you? You're a fist, got that? A FIST!" lol

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
Totally different vibe from "Paradise Alley". The movie "F.I.S.T. " was on cable last night and I watched it for about the fifth time. Clothes wise it leans more toward the suit and tie crowd where "Paradise Alley" is a little more street clothes. "F.I.S.T." is a very good flick and if you haven't seen it check it out.

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
paradise alley is a really cool flick...underrated...but KY is right, street clothes vs. jacket/tie...stallone is tough in period getup...

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
Stallone played a driver in a gangster film early, early in his career...Dillinger or Capone flick? He undercuts the boss to be top dog...anyone know the flick I'm talking about?

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
:eek:fftopic: I enjoyed "Oscar". Ithink Stallone does fine in comedies. Critics complain when he does a comedy because it isn't his field then complain that he keeps doing the same thing when he does something that is "his field". (rant ends)

Sincerely,
The Wolf

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
The Wolf said:
:eek:fftopic: I enjoyed "Oscar". Ithink Stallone does fine in comedies. Critics complain when he does a comedy because it isn't his field then complain that he keeps doing the same thing when he does something that is "his field". (rant ends)

Sincerely,
The Wolf
I really liked "Tango & Cash", Stallone was funny AND it had a lot of action!

Hawkcigar

One of the Regulars
I remember when this movie was filmed. Some of the scenes were filmed not far from here in Dubuque, Ia. It wasn't too long after Rocky and was a pretty big deal around here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy