Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

F/S new Horween distressed vegetable tanned horsehide leather wallet

schitzo

Suspended
Afternoon Loungers

I ordered this wallet after having bought and been impressed with the card holder version. That one is a bit bigger than standard and actually as I quickly came to realise meets my needs just fine. Thus, since this turned up it's been surplus and has spent it's life so far inside its little box tucked away in a bedroom drawer. £105 + shipping and it's yours

Details
Closed it's 4" tall by 4.5" wide - a bit taller than standard
6 good sized card pockets in front of two bigger utility pockets
2 full length cash compartments
lined in brown silk
fashioned from horween vegetable tanned horsehide leather
colour: golden brown / burnt orange

A brief word about it
It wasn't made by a cowboy who happened upon some good materials. It was made in a proper workshop by an experienced artisan in England - hence it says 'made in England' on it. The construction is flawless. The company who make them market themselves as primarily concerned with 2 things; that products be of unusual quality and from naturally tanned leather.

I don't know what ounce it is but I can tell by the feel that it was made to last - this is not a lightweight flimsy wallet. I could weigh it if asked to. If you can be bothered to read up on vegetable tanned leather apparently there are some advantages. I have found it hard to capture how good this is so basically have resorted to taking a lot of pics.

goldenbrown056.jpg

goldenbrown051.jpg

goldenbrown047.jpg

goldenbrown040.jpg

goldenbrown037.jpg

goldenbrown027.jpg

goldenbrown009.jpg

goldenbrown003.jpg

goldenbrown001.jpg

goldenbrown008.jpg

Best wishes
Schitz