Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fabric Swatch Thread

BootsNBraces

New in Town
Hello all,

I'm still fairly new here and have only minimal experience when it comes to identifying period clothing. One of the biggest things I struggle with is identifying period-appropriate patterned fabric when I'm looking through clothes. I always assumed to veer towards plain fabrics but a couple of the posts i've come across in this forum show that, much to my surprise, a lot of period clothing - even less dressy items such as workwear - have fairly intricate designs.

What I'm proposing is a thread in which those who have original period clothing or reproduction clothing post a simple photograph showing the items' fabric design, along with a country of origin, approximate period and garment type so that we may compile a sort of digital swatch book for reference of other users in the future.

Unfortunately I cannot contribute to start this thread off but hopefully there will be those amongst you who like the idea and are willing to get the ball rolling!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot