Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Facebook anybody?

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
So then you message them though FB; is that how you keep in touch?

I do, it's also an easy way to share photos with family & friends. My sister lives in Canada & I live in Australia, she's posted quite a few pictures of her baby (she's 10 months old now) I know she could email them, but it's nice sharing stuff like that with a (select) group of people.

rue

I do, it's also an easy way to share photos with family & friends. My sister lives in Canada & I live in Australia, she's posted quite a few pictures of her baby (she's 10 months old now) I know she could email them, but it's nice sharing stuff like that with a (select) group of people.

I can see that. I'm not picking on anyone that uses it for that, but actually the people that talk about bathing their cat or that they went to the grocery or to start drama. There's a lot of drama on there :eeek:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
For me, with most of my family living in the UK and me in the US, Facebook is a great way to keep in touch.

We share photos and videos and it is pretty much our main communication tool. Actually, FB and Skype handle about 90% of our family communications.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I think it's because they privately chat... kinda like PMs [huh]
OK, but on your kid brother's FB page there are a couple of conversations right out there for the world to see, with multiple participants; kinda like a chat room..

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Wondering if going public with my vintage orientation on FB will stereotype me in any way. I don't necessarily want to fall in with the kind of folks who make up the gushing, purring, nostalgia fanship on YouTube.

Right now I'm just an ordinary guy from Iowa who plays music.

Last edited:

rue

WHAT..?? Are you freakin kidding me..??:eeek:[huh]

lol

Wondering if going public with my vintage orientation on FB will stereotype me in any way. I don't necessarily want to fall in with the kind of folks who make up the gushing, purring, nostalgia fanship on YouTube.

Right now I'm just an ordinary guy from Iowa who plays music.

I don't think being stereotyped as vintage is a bad thing Fletch :)

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
No thanks! If y'all want to talk to me you can PM me, email me or use that old device called a phone :p

I agree!

And one thing a lot of people don't realize is that Facebook not only stores/keeps your photos, but also your private messages (so really they aren't private!) Yes, even after you delete your account. They use your PMs for marketing purposes etc., to create better targeted ads and such. And boy does it work! I spoke once of a particular kind of candy to a friend in a PM, and then the next day, targeted ad for that candy showed up...and so on. Also...an ad was generated by FB using MY IMAGE (without my consent).

At least with email it's more secure. Though, we all know nothing online is 100% secure or private.

I don't mind that people like FB, I was on there for many years. However, their privacy policy changes and actions over those years, forced me to delete my account.

I like writing letters, yes REAL letters!
X
BD

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner