Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Families of the Lounge

EstherWeis

Vendor
Such a little dude!
He loves his little boater.

803ce8942d0bcc966fba42ebd189dc89.jpg

Happy 33rd Wedding Anniversary to my lovely bride ...

26645856411_bdfba6aba1.jpg

My wife is wearing a hand-loomed, hand-made dress (from a lady in Ozark, MO). I'm wearing the "tux" (morning coat, vest, pants) that my childhood neighbor (a former Congressman) wore to Roosevelt's inauguration in 1933. We're in my 1973 VW Bus getting ready to head to Eureka Springs, Arkansas, but ended up huddling in the closet of our duplex instead as Springfield was hit by a tornado that evening. Not sure if our union caused that ...
Great story and pic, Bob!! Thanks for sharing. Happy belated anniversary!

Occasionally I speak of the "kid" in some of my posts. Since this is National Autism Awareness month, I thought I'd post a pic of Jess with one of her buds. The kid looks about fifteen in this pic but she'll be twenty nine this year. She's gone to stay with her dad for a couple of weeks and I'll get several texts over those weeks asking me "what are the doggies up to?" The bond between animals and special needs kids is something remarkable to me.
View attachment 48810

Great pic, serious insight, Greg. The bond between animals and those kids really is incredible. Thank goodness for Temple Grandin!! She explains things for the rest of us.

Happy 33rd Wedding Anniversary to my lovely bride ...

26645856411_bdfba6aba1.jpg

My wife is wearing a hand-loomed, hand-made dress (from a lady in Ozark, MO). I'm wearing the "tux" (morning coat, vest, pants) that my childhood neighbor (a former Congressman) wore to Roosevelt's inauguration in 1933. We're in my 1973 VW Bus getting ready to head to Eureka Springs, Arkansas, but ended up huddling in the closet of our duplex instead as Springfield was hit by a tornado that evening. Not sure if our union caused that ...

More belated congrats!!
You're holding up well, Bob. Good to see you were a hat person, even then, as was evident by the "lid" hanging on the rear view mirror.

Great story and pic, Bob!! Thanks for sharing. Happy belated anniversary!
More belated congrats!!
You're holding up well, Bob. Good to see you were a hat person, even then, as was evident by the "lid" hanging on the rear view mirror.

Thanks Harv and Charlie (and everyone for the likes). Hard to believe it's been that long, but I look at my kids and sort of have to believe it -- although we did wait three years to start a family to allow for a crazy extended honeymoon. That's why I had the "Party Hat". :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred