Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Families of the Lounge

3fingers

One Too Many
Grandkids climbing on Poppy yesterday. Granddaughter thinks it's funny to rub Poppy's bald head.
received_2056596474438540.jpeg

Woodtroll

One Too Many
View attachment 164076

My youngest grandson got himself a new hat "just like Granddaddy's" while we were in Charleston, SC yesterday.

Grandkids climbing on Poppy yesterday. Granddaughter thinks it's funny to rub Poppy's bald head.
View attachment 164079

It really makes me happy to see photos of families enjoying their little ones. Time passes so quickly and they sure don't stay little for long. Thanks for sharing these, gentlemen!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Mind blowing sometimes, how fast they grow up. Congrats to her and I hope y'all are all well and enjoy a great summer break.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This year kicked my booty. With job seniority comes more responsibility, more challenges. There were many days I thought to myself "did that just happen?" I worked 1:1 with students with severe learning challenges (low IQ, Down Syndrome, ASD, etc.), and was able to keep them learning and making progress. I had a stellar job review, with glowing remarks from co-workers, and accolades from school administrators.

In addition to my hectic (and stressful) job, Lily struggled with her math grades this year, so I became her safety net teacher at home - we worked daily on her math. It was not always easy, but she was able to pull her grades up from 1.5 to a 3.5. (Our grading is 1-4, with 1.5 being basically a year behind peers, 3 being a student that performs at where a student in that grade should be *at the end of the school year*, 4 exceeds grade level.)

Oh, and we did Girl Scouts. She attended every meeting and event. I took the lead on all crafty projects for her troop of 15 third grade girls. Busy!

Mama needs a nap! But this is Lily's summer bucket list. No rest for me!
IMG_20190622_100617.jpg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
This year kicked my booty. With job seniority comes more responsibility, more challenges. There were many days I thought to myself "did that just happen?" I worked 1:1 with students with severe learning challenges (low IQ, Down Syndrome, ASD, etc.), and was able to keep them learning and making progress. I had a stellar job review, with glowing remarks from co-workers, and accolades from school administrators.

In addition to my hectic (and stressful) job, Lily struggled with her math grades this year, so I became her safety net teacher at home - we worked daily on her math. It was not always easy, but she was able to pull her grades up from 1.5 to a 3.5. (Our grading is 1-4, with 1.5 being basically a year behind peers, 3 being a student that performs at where a student in that grade should be *at the end of the school year*, 4 exceeds grade level.)

Oh, and we did Girl Scouts. She attended every meeting and event. I took the lead on all crafty projects for her troop of 15 third grade girls. Busy!

Mama needs a nap! But this is Lily's summer bucket list. No rest for me!
View attachment 173920
Babydoll:
I love this. It brings back memories of my now 22 yr old daughter and all her planning, lists and artwork. She used to write proposals too when she wanted something. Lol
Good luck with the nap thing!
Relentless pursuit of life is what i called it. She now has a relentless one and...wants a nap!
Thanks for sharing.
Bowen

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View attachment 182332 Greetings All:
Finally got a Willow whirlwind pic. Well, Mom did.
I put my hat on to take LoLo to the swings and she said “i want my hat”. Say no more. She’s on her way!
Be well. LoLo and Bo
She is the cutest! The hat looks good and you chose it wisely. You have to be a very proud pop pop!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Pic taken at my grandparent’s house in 1972. That's me on the back row right.

I’ve always been a bit of a clothes horse (wearing my Mom-Made fashions). :rolleyes:

Can you believe I didn’t want that ’64 Impala convertible after the folks had it and then my brother. Who wants the old “family car”? I are an idiot…

View attachment 182594

Cool pic. Perhaps because it wasn't a hand-me-down family car, I was pumped in '80 to buy a '67 Impala.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Pic taken at my grandparent’s house in 1972. That's me on the back row right.

I’ve always been a bit of a clothes horse (wearing my Mom-Made fashions). :rolleyes:

Can you believe I didn’t want that ’64 Impala convertible after the folks had it and then my brother. Who wants the old “family car”? I are an idiot…

View attachment 182594
64’ Impala....best dash and console EVER!!
My two best buddies both drove 64’ SS Impalas in 73’. I drove a 69 Z28. Their back seat....much better. Lol
B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ