Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fancy Ribbons and Vintage Hats

Trombone

Familiar Face
Have to agree with above, though I have none to post.

(thump)

"Do you hear something?"

"No"

(bang)

"Now I heard that!"

"Must be someone trying to bump an old thread"

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Navaho hatband 1930s-40s by Ambrose Roanhorse.

This purchase was instigated by this early 50s 3X western which arrived without a ribbon. Didn't really need another, but something about the telescoped crown and chin strap called out to me.

roanhorse1.jpg

roanhorse3.jpg

roanhorse4.jpg

roanhorse5.jpg

Ambrose Roanhorse's hallmark.

roanhorse6.jpg

roanhorse9.jpg

092712_3.jpg

Roanhorse in his silversmithing classroom at the Santa Fe Indian School.
He was a teacher of many famous Navaho silversmiths and a founder of the Navaho Arts and Crafts Guild in the early 1940s.

Gilpin-AmbroseRoanhorse.jpg

Wow... some great new ribbon additions!

Thanks for the notes on the silver band. Randall, it was an ebay find and a fortunate one. Very few pieces of Ambrose Roanhorse come up for sale - I've never seen a hatband.

This thread is super for view and very educational however after seeing such beauty's I feel like dumping my collection.
But really folks thank you for the pic's. I hope to add one of my own some time soon.
Best regards
CCJOE

Champ did some great stuff back the Bill, thanks, I might have to steal this design :)

My sentiments exactly.

I'm considering a doubled variation on that theme. You know, with fins going both directions and crossing in the middle. (But then, I'm still working on how to incorporate neon and/or fireworks into bow designs. Those nice fellas hangin' out on the street corner are always lookin' for something new and exciting, you know.)

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
My sentiments exactly.

I'm considering a doubled variation on that theme. You know, with fins going both directions and crossing in the middle. (But then, I'm still working on how to incorporate neon and/or fireworks into bow designs. Those nice fellas hangin' out on the street corner are always lookin' for something new and exciting, you know.)

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy