Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Far East Lounger's thread.

Asienizen

One of the Regulars
Hi folks, living in Vietnam has led me to wonder about a few things:
1. Let's hear from those Loungers in the East - Japan to Singapore, Mongolia to India - what has your experience been like where you live? What deals on clothes, vehicles and accessories does living in your country afford you?

2. Events: is it feasible to do a FL event somewhere on this side of the Pacific? Are there enough interested members? Is there a good location - cheap and accessible like Thailand, or located where a lot of vintage lovers are - like Japan?

3. Networking: are there any other forums, fanclubs that exists in Asia that may have intersecting interests with FL - vintage vehicle clubs, clothing or fashion conventions, etc.?

4. Whatever else you can think of.
I don't know if this is helpful, but I feel like there are a number of Asian FLers, I just don't see many threads relevant to them specifically.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Does middle of the Pacific count? ;)

It is a great idea to discuss actually. Here in Hawaii not that much. The best things we have are: (1) nice architecture and some neat hotels from 1880-1940s; (2) good vintage/antiques if you like aloha/tiki stuff (which I do not...); and (3) good stuff for Pacific War/WWII stuff. Not much else here, not many vintage shops and no vintage scene to speak of.

I get over to places in East or South Asia most years so I'd be curious about a Lounger get together in a fun locale. I've looked a little in some of my travels but beyond Japan I've not really seen much of a vintage scene in Taiwan, India, South Korea, etc. The largest FL/vintage group in this part of the world would be in Australia and then New Zealand I would think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot