Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fast Cooking

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I like to use a pressure cooker: it's fast, clean, efficient, and...did I mention fast? It's great for soup and beans. Not sure why more people don't use one. Anyone care to share recipes or tips? I'll get out my pressure cooker cookbook and post my faves.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Only recipe I have is stew meat, carrots, potatoes and a few green onions. I usually have enough material to fill the pot pretty close to the top then cook. Simple yet good.:)

BakingInPearls

One of the Regulars
You can do a mean batch of red beans and hamhock in a pressure cooker. Just soak the uncooked beans in water for a couple of hours or over night then strain them and put them, the hamhock, a cup or two of water and whatever else sounds good with it I put corn, peppers and a little bit of crushed tomatoes. Once it gets whistling let it go for about 45 min. then take it off the heat and release the beast. Great with some good old fashioned corn bread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran