Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

favorite cars of the golden era

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
You may have been subscribed to one of the several threads with the same title amd content, which were all
merged into one on 10/31? I apologize for the inconvenience.

lord_k

One of the Regulars
1940 Alfa Romeo 6C 2500 Sport Cabriolet by Graber

803994.jpg

Photo: Richard Owen @ Supercars

KittyAnneMalloo

Familiar Face
148424_10150122544973916_680448915_7826210_7055851_n.jpg

Ohhhh my first post out side the powder room I think! Yesterday I purchased a 1949 Morris Oxford!!!! I know it isn't perhaps as beautiful as some of the ones I've seen in this thread but it is MINE bwhahahaha!
Currently in a state of dis-repair my chap and I will restore it to its formor glory. He restores vintage tractors and trucks so showing me how to rebuild the tiny motor should be a breeze! And as for the body work he says if I do all the sanding and bogging he will re-spray it for me...he is a good man with just as much passion for vintage 'stuff' as me (maybe more lol)

Last edited:

TheLibrarian

New in Town
'51 or '52 Packard (I used to own a '51, so I might be biased, but they're great cars and good drivers). Especially if I can get one in purple - sorry, "amethyst."

Or a '40 or '41 Packard Darrin convertible. Those things are gorgeous. (And so is the price tag, unfortunately.)

Oh heck, just give me a Packard (anything but the bathtub years or the Packardbakers) and I'll be a happy gal.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
anything but the bathtub years or the Packardbakers

Seems you and I have similar taste in Packards. I’ve especially never understood the disdain people seem to feel for the ‘51 to ‘54 models. They’re conservatively styled, yes, and somewhat downmarket from their pre-war ancestors, but they are still good-looking and high-quality automobiles with far more style than a Buick, Lincoln, or Chrysler of today.

-Dave (who almost bought a ‘51 or ‘52 when he was hunting for his current car)

TheLibrarian

New in Town
Seems you and I have similar taste in Packards. I’ve especially never understood the disdain people seem to feel for the ‘51 to ‘54 models.

There seems to be a small but vocal minority in the Packard Club who appreciate the early 50s models. Not nearly as many as go for the 30s or 40s, of course, but I tell myself that means more chance for us to acquire the cars we want.

Oh, and I love "all hat, no Packard!"

TheLibrarian

New in Town
Seems you and I have similar taste in Packards. I’ve especially never understood the disdain people seem to feel for the ‘51 to ‘54 models.

There seems to be a small but vocal minority in the Packard Club who appreciate the early 50s models. Not nearly as many as go for the 30s or 40s, of course, but I tell myself that means more chance for us to acquire the cars we want.

Oh, and I love "all hat, no Packard!"

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
Possibly not everyone's choice of a "Golden Era" car, but still easily worthy of a mention, in any car related discussion. A 1932 Ford Hi-Boy Roadster, here at Goodwood Revival, in 2009.

GoodwoodRevival2009094.jpg

Cheers,

Danny O

Kahuna

One of the Regulars
Love the woodwork on a Chrysler Town and Country. The convertible in the background would be even nicer.
ChryslerTownCountryQuicke-mailview.jpg

Although I don't know what make car this is, I really like its "passengers".
bobbrozmanQuicke-mailview.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner