Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite cigar & hat combination...

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
I like the Panama with just about any cigar that isn't too dried out ...

Of course, you end up looking like the communist dictator of a small Caribbean island ...

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
I love...

...cigars enough for them to get to be a bad habit fast, so I ration myself to one a month. I take a daily 1/2 hour walk and like a 1/2 hour cigar during my walk. Whichever fedora I'm wearing gets the smoke.

BrotherBob

Familiar Face
So many kinds of goodness...

The keys to a good cigar are tobacco quality, freshness and, of course, hand rolled.

Any Cuban seed filler is great (Nicaragua, Dominican Republic), Connecticut (yes, Connecticut) wrapper.

Some of the worst cigars I've ever smoked were authentic Cubans that a well meaning friend kept on their dresser, no humidor, that a 3rd party had given to them. Some have literally fallen apart and others had the texture of a grocery bag.

I'll take a FRESH Arturo Fuente Flora Fina 8-5-8 any day.

Smoked on the deck with my straw fedora and, of course, a Guyabera shirt.

I like naturals the best. Once smoked a Henry Clay that looked like asphalt and just about called 9-1-1.

DblCoronaMS

One of the Regulars
Dick Tracy said:
As long as I have a lid on and a cigar I'm fine; combo not important. Of course, being a Floridian of Cuban descent, I typically wear a panama, a guayabera shirt, and a stogie. Cigars I enjoy frequently are: Cuba Aliados Regordo and Puros Indios Gordo Double Maduro (my everday cigar), Ashton VSG, Padron '26 Anniversary maduro, to name a few.
Since you're a fan of the PI & CA cigars you might be interested in this... They're changing the name of the company to Reyes Family Cigars after Don Rolondo Reyes, the 83 year old patriarch of the family. His grandson is running things now but Don Rolando is still very active. I've tried their new and soon to be released Premiere at a tasting a few weeks ago and it's excellent!

Check the new website and forum out at www.reyesfamilycigars.com. I post there user the same name as here. Another great cigar forum can be found at www.cigarweekly.com. It was there that I found out about The Fedora Lounge.

No, I'm not connected in any way with the company or either website, just a satisfied customer.

deelovely

Practically Family
Colby Jack said:
I started with Swisher Sweets in the army...inhaled and was hooked!:eek: ...Used cigs to break the cigar habit...smoked about 10 years...just gave it all up thanks to back surgery and morphine:eek: :D ...Now I'm hooked on morphine...lol lol lol :p
lol lol Funny! Yea, I'd probably prefer the Morphine too! I started out on Swisher sweets as well but have moved on to the CAO flavours and Oliveras flavours. I also really enjoy the Drew Estates acid cigars. Oh... and any of my hats will do while enjoying!!:D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Hopefully Thursday night I will be in Sosa's in Orlando enjoying one of their handmades while watching them handroll some cigars, while wearing my favorite fedora!:cool2: :cool2: :fedora:

leo

One of the Regulars
indycop said:
Hopefully Thursday night I will be in Sosa's in Orlando enjoying one of their handmades while watching them handroll some cigars, while wearing my favorite fedora!:cool2: :cool2: :fedora:

Thanks, Indycop. Somehow I've missed Sosa's in the past. I'll be in and around Orlando next month and will check them out. Any worthwhile hat shops in the central Florida area? Fishing and spring training require a new hat or two, I believe.

BTW, I just got back from the Palm Beach area and actually did pack and wear multiple hats as you previously suggested. Fedora, panama, Tilley, and GTH ball hat all found appropriate use.

Bill

Bald1

New in Town
I found the subject of this thread quite interesting. Usually it is what to partake of with a cigar. My choice was always an excellent port with one of my favorite stoogies. Frankly I never gave any thought to what I was wearing while smoking :)

But a heart attack on Easter Sunday '06 put an end to my days of cigar and pipe enjoyment. I was able to quit cold turkey but admit that there are still times when I find myself missing the relaxation a great smoke brings.

TimBer

New in Town
Upmann Cameroon with three fingers of Oban, maybe twice a year. I've not had the chance to enjoy a cigar wearing my fedora yet, but I look forward to it.

Bald1, you have a terrific interventional cardiologists in your area at the Heart Doctors. Initials: J.W.

Levallois

Practically Family
Vintage Resistol, Bailey or Stetson cowboy with a Padron '64 Anniversario pyramid, churchill or robusto. You might add a glass of nice single malt in there (as TimBer suggested) or a good vintage port. Now that's living.

John

Bald1

New in Town
TimBer said:
Bald1, you have a terrific interventional cardiologists in your area at the Heart Doctors. Initials: J.W.

Actually the Heart Doctors are who responded to my needs in the ER. J. Walder did the stint with a senior partner, J. Teixeira also attending. I couldn't have asked for better :)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Last Saturday night at Fuego's by Sosa at Pleasure Island!My Peters Bros. and Deelovely's Panamabob. I had a Sosa Churchill and she had a Sosa no.4.:D

P1190001.jpg

RedPop4

One Too Many
Let's see, here.
Spiridon in his Panama
Jon_the_Morning_After_2.sized.jpg

Spiridon in his other Panama shucking oysters.
DSCN1843.sized.jpg

Spiridon later in the evening
DSCN1851.sized.jpg

Yours truly in my PanamaBob
DSCN1852.sized.jpg

Me and TaxMan1
Stan_and_Tommy.sized.jpg

2006 in my newly-purchased, Disney-MGM Studios Dorfman-Pacific "Indy" in the galera of the Graycliff.
P3030449.sized.jpg
That's in March of 2006.

Wonder why I don't have any photos in other hats. I have more of myself in the Panama, especially at the 2007 RTDA Show in Houston.

With my buddy Al Argenti of Cuban Imports--they make some fantastic cigars. Look around for the El Rey del Mundo "Olvidados."
9_Al_Argenti_Aja_of_Cuban_Imports.sized.jpg

A convert. Spiridon, TaxMan1 and my friend on the Weekly board as "Castanza" Purchased at the RTDA show.
15_Todd_Castanza.sized.jpg

With Pete Johnson of Tatuaje Cigars
3_Doug_McGuire_Pete_Johnson_and_Tommy_Bender.sized.jpg

I'll have to get a few photos in something other than my Panama. But it is a 'Havana' model, so it's rather fitting, right?

WhiskeyTangoFox

One of the Regulars
I have to say that I usually wear my Borsalino 8-panel cap while enjoying a cigar outdoors - usually an Ashton Heritage Puro Sol. Those are nice cigars. I can't decide whether I like the VSG or the Heritage better, though. Montecristo is wonderful too; oh hell, I could go on forever...

Noel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21