Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite Keeper Leather Jackets

Vezio

One of the Regulars
Aero antique steer '30s Half Belt with muted plaid hvy blanket lining that Ken made with me in mind, Ha. Have only worn it a couple of times over the years.

View attachment 115058 View attachment 115059 View attachment 115060
<br class="Apple-interchange-newline"><div></div>

713/5000

I have to congratulate you. You really have a nice collection of leather jackets. You dress in a casual way, but I really like it, because you wear your clothes with style.
I have read many posts in Fedora, where you make considerations on how to wear a jacket.
I do not and will never allow myself to judge if your preferences are the right ones (even if they are close to my preferences in the way of dressing), since the way to wear a jacket depends on many factors, all deriving from the experience of life of each of us.
But I feel the need to tell you that on Fedora I consider you a reference to the wearability that I would like for my jackets.
I need a little help: I plan to buy an Aero jacket type A2 in the future, and the dilemma is always what is the right back length.
I own the Premier Half Belt model with a length of 24.5", and that will be my first reference!
Some time ago you posted some photos of an Aero Real Deal and of a utility jacket at this link:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/a2-back-length.83660/
but unfortunately they are not viewable (I think because of PHOTOBUCKET).
I would be grateful if you could post these photos again, and if you could also indicate the back length of this Aero antique steer '30s Half Belt, that fits a little shorter behind, compared to my Half Belt.
Thank you so much for your kindness

Well thank you for the compliments and kindness.

I just sold the antique steer '30s Half Belt, but I think the back measurement was 24". It did have a 1 1/2" front drop though.

The Aero Real Deal and in fact all of my A2s have been gone for quite a while now . I think I sold them a couple of years ago. Sorry.

I am down to only four HH leather custom jackets now. All made by Aero.
My new Battered Tan HH Teamster button up...Black HH Stuart HB style button up...Antique Brown HH Highwayman...Brown HH zip sleeve Bootlegger. Of course I also have various MC jackets for riding and streetwear.

The photos that I had on PhotoBucket are all gone. I only found a couple of my PB Photos on another site.

HD

Last edited:
if you click on an image in your Library, another window opens. Download is in the options, or in the dropdown when you mouse over the gear icon.
Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 10.33.05 PM.png

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Thanks handymike. I just signed in to Photobucket and found that the pics are now available. I will be transferring them to my computer tomorrow. It will take a while. I thought that I had lost all of them for good.
Van, take special care as you download your Photobucket pictures to your computer as I picked up a nasty virus from Photobucket awhile back, after which time I deleted all of my Photobucket pictures and plan never again to click on anything that is Photobucket.

Van, take special care as you download your Photobucket pictures to your computer as I picked up a nasty virus from Photobucket awhile back, after which time I deleted all of my Photobucket pictures and plan never again to click on anything that is Photobucket.

From Photobucket?? What was it?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
From Photobucket?? What was it?
As I said it was awhile ago but happened either when I was copying a URL on a photo to post or when I was uploading a picture to Photobucket and likely inadvertently clicked on one of the many advertisements on the website.

As I said it was awhile ago but happened either when I was copying a URL on a photo to post or when I was uploading a picture to Photobucket and likely inadvertently clicked on one of the many advertisements on the website.
Photobucket is a disaster. Just a spam filled virus laden mess.

Powerband

Practically Family

Yeah... I avoid photobucket like the plague. It’s so unstable and within seconds it hijacks your page. No thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vezio

One of the Regulars
Well thank you for the compliments and kindness.

I just sold the antique steer '30s Half Belt, but I think the back measurement was 24". It did have a 1 1/2" front drop though.

The Aero Real Deal and in fact all of my A2s have been gone for quite a while now . I think I sold them a couple of years ago. Sorry.

I am down to only four HH leather custom jackets now. All made by Aero.
My new Battered Tan HH Teamster button up...Black HH Stuart HB style button up...Antique Brown HH Highwayman...Brown HH zip sleeve Bootlegger. Of course I also have various MC jackets for riding and streetwear.

The photos that I had on PhotoBucket are all gone. I only found a couple of my PB Photos on another site.

HD
Thanks anyway.
I do not use PhotoBucket, but I publish photos on Fedora simply changing the file extension to ".png", which is the specific format for online photos.
To understand a bit of the appropriate length for an A2 type jacket, I took a look at the Good Wear site: comparing photos of utility jackets (with a back length very close to my Premier Half Belt) and A2 models, with a back and front length that I like, I found that, for the same size, the length of the two models of jacket is the same.
To better explain myself, I have compared photos of John Chapman wearing "Half Belt" jackets in size 44 and 26" back length, and wearing A2 models in the same size 44 and same back length of 26".
At the appropriate moment I will speak with Holly, considering also the minimum front drop of my Premier Half Belt model, which is not present in the A2 model.
Thanks again.

Fortunately I was able to rescue my pictures from Facebook yesterday. 543 0f them. I used Photobucket years ago when it was the easy thing to do as far as moving pictures around. For a couple years now they have been held hostage by FB and I thought were lost, but now they are all in a folder on my computer. Thanks again handymike.

Jejupe

Practically Family
Here’s some pics of my first ever Aero. Black jerky hh zipsleeve Highwayman. I bought it from ebay and I haven’t shown it any mercy. Its somewhere beyond broken in and getting closer to being just broken.

Very comfortable work jacket which kept my own hide dry yesterday in rainy horserace.

For some reason our pony was very interested in my jacket....

99c0e2eea5a0a0ecd787757d1e40824b.jpg

52d402227284357a41c5d9796189f020.jpg

6eb4c76d49e19a316d940560a8b5f6e6.jpg

900d9c209592920acd8befc1df699c41.jpg

ffec72d2f2dfb960da1dc2a0a7846802.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider