Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite Vincent Price film

Favorite Vincent Price Film

• Total voters

GoetzManor

Familiar Face
So I figured since there is a Bela Lugosi poll, why not have one for the "classiest guy in horror"? For Christmas, my brother-in-law got me fifteen Vincent Price films. These are some of my favorites of his. Though the poll can only have ten options, I'll pick the ten I think may be his best.

So go on! Get polling!

Last edited:

Doc Average

One of the Regulars
The Abominable Dr Phibes is one of my all time favourite movies. I've watched and re-watched it many times, yet I can pop it in the DVD player any time, and it never fails to raise a smile. It's especially fun to watch on these long, dark winter evenings. You can keep Citizen Kane! ;)

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Without hesitation, Champagne for Caesar, one of the funniest movies ever made. Ronald Coleman stars as a professor out to ruin a soap company by winning millions in their quiz show. Vincent Price is the soap company president who at one point attempts to murder Coleman. Featuring Art Linkletter as the MC, Celeste Holme as the femme fatale and Barbara Britten as Coleman's sister. It's a scream, but not in the sense usually used of Vincent Price films.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champagne_for_Caesar

Last edited:

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I voted for Dr Phibes although Theatre of Blood runs a close second.

Phibes has to get the vote simply because of his rather lovely assistant Vulnavia (played by Virginia North. If I ever decide to take revenge on my enemies (not that i have any at the moment) I would think it essential to have my own silent-but-deadly sidekick.

Avie

Banned
I like horror movies most which is Scream and Scream Again. Other than that are The Fly and House of Wax.

One of the things I appreciated most about Vincent Price was that it didn't matter to him if the movie was A-list material or low-budget cheese--he gave it his all and never turned in a bad performance in my opinion. I had the opportunity to meet him briefly about a year before his passing, and he was one of the most personable, charismatic people I've ever met; even in a crowded movie theater lobby he gave the impression that you were the only person he wanted to talk to in that moment. He also seemed genuinely appreciative that so many people liked his work and thought of him fondly despite the "villainous" characters he played. Truly a classy gentleman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner